facebook

informal

by: sef

Some questions about informal:

1: how do you know when chapters do it?
2: how likely are your chances generally?
3. does it impact you chances of doing formal recruitment as a sophomore (like if you go to one chapter's informal and don't get in, will other chapters know that and assume you would rather the one you did informal? and on the other hand if you didn't get picked during informal are you pretty much automatically cut from that same chapter during formal?)
4: for anyone who has done it/knows people who have done it - do you still get a similar experience to girls who did formal? like do you still get a big and the welcome posts and stuff?

Sorry thats so many questions.

Posted By: sef
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: sef   

Also, is it likely that any more chapters would do it this semester or will i probably have to wait for fall

By: sef
#2  by: H   

1.) Chapters will either reach out to girls they have in mind or they will have open informal. It really depends on how many girls they need. You might want to reach out to each chapter and see if they're doing it/keep you in mind.
2.)It really depends based on which chapter you choose and how many spots they need to fill.
3.) No it doesn't diminish your chances. I can only speak for my sorority on this topic, but at no point did we ever take into consideration whether or not you did informal.
4.) Yes you still get a big/go though new member period. It's just you have a smaller pledge class.
5.) most likely wait for the fall

By: H
by: bApr 4, 2017 9:52:13 PM

are you eligible to do it in the fall if you decided to leave a chapter you received a bid to this semester?

By: b
by: informalcdvApr 7, 2017 9:42:10 AM

@b
no you're not sorry. you need to wait until next spring

By: informalcdv
#3  by: :)    

I think some chapters may have done informal already. Or at least gave some bids after recruitment. That was probably invite only, in which case you wouldn't know about it unless the chapter invited you to participate in it. I would say most informal recruitment is done by invite only and the girls invited are usually referred to by chapter women who think they would make a good fit. Anyway if you wanna know who is doing it, I would reach out to panhel and follow all sororities on social media where they make announcements like that. And I don't think doing informal affects formal recruitment in terms of being cut from chapters.

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.