facebook

rushing a sorority as a junior

by: Liz

So I did not rush my first year at Baylor because I really needed to focus on academics. Now that I've settled into my classes, I realize that I really feel like I missed out on the sorority experience. I am about to start my second year at Baylor, but I am a junior because of some college classes I took during high school. Is it totally crazy to consider rushing as a junior? I have a lot of really good recs, good grades, and I am a legacy for quite a few sororities. My biggest concern is that I do not currently have a ton of friends in Greek life. But I can usually make friends very easily! Should I go for it? Advice please!!!

Posted By: Liz
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: bu   

yes! definitely go for it! meet girls at sub dinners!

By: bu
#2  by: Junior   

Definitely go for it! Recruitment as a sophomore is a lot different than as a freshman. You can't go into the week without doing any work before hand and expect a bid. For example, I rushed as a freshman and went into the week knowing only one or two girls in the sorority I wanted and ended up getting a bid from that sorority because I got to know more people during the week. Rushing as a sophomore or junior is very different. You have to get to know more of the girls in sororities before the week. I agree with the girl above me, sub dinners are so important. I cannot stress that enough. Get to know girls in sororities and when you meet people you get along with, have them introduce you to their friends. Get to know people and introduce yourself to a lot of the members and you should be good! :) Good luck!

By: Junior
by: LizAug 25, 2015 12:45:23 AM

Thank you! I actually have a lot more confidence about rushing now! I will make sure to attend almost all of the sub dinners and get to meet as many girls as possible! I hear it is easier to rush as a junior rather than a sophomore because juniors count as zero bids and sophomores count as two. Would you happen to know if this is true?

By: Liz
by: JuniorAug 26, 2015 8:16:16 AM

Yes that is true :) good luck!

By: Junior

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.