facebook

rush sororities

by: Bu19

Is rush hard or intense here? Like what do the sororities care about when considering a pnm?

Posted By: Bu19
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ^   

Depends on what you mean.

At Baylor all the sororities are decent to good...... at most state schools they range from horrible to good. At Baylor you are just about guaranteed to get in some sorority.....and all the sororities take 55 girl pledge classes and have events, mixers, and fun.

But yes its pretty hard to get into a top tier one......Pi Phi, Kappa, Theta

Chi-0, Tri Delt, Zeta, and AXO are moderately hard to get into.

And ADPi is easy

But all are fun and even ADPi (our worst sorority) would be one of the largest and best at a school like A&M

By: ^
#2  by: Truth   

Is it hard to get into a good sorority at Baylor? Yes

Is it hard to get in an average sorority at Baylor? No

By: Truth
#3  by: high on Vicodin, red wine   

...not. I am not a Waco housewife. I am a midwestern raised woman who wanted to do everything I could to assist my daughter through the Baylor Rush process. Back when and where I attended college, only the daughters of socially-connected parents knew about rush, Panhellenic, recs, etc. and I was not among that group. That said, I'm very sorry you find it "super weird" that I'd take a few minutes to post here. I only did so because what I've found here are misleading rankings which only serve to disappoint young ladies wishing to rush. They need to know that not all legacies today receive bids at Baylor and that girls from families with no greek affiliations are plenty and are also rushed...esp. if their grades, accomplishments, outgoing personalities and involvements are plentiful. Just look at the record class sizes - the competition is there. Meeting the actives is key, because if no one's pulling for you in their meetings, you will not stand a chance.

Finally, be open to all sororities. Pnm's might look at each sororities chapter, SING, Pigskin & intramural awards, their gpa's & volunteerism for the best current insight on who is respected on campus. I think the rankings in these threads are more indicative of girls who NEED their sorority to always be #1.

Rant or rave, I only want to share my thoughts & not be 7th gr. slandered by some bratty individual who should pay more attention to spelling.

By: high on Vicodin, red wine
by: Well-spokenAug 10, 2015 7:28:57 AM

But, you could be a bright, caring Baylor student? I will add the SING/Pigskin is so much fun, but does NOT reflect on if they are respected, just that they prioritize and have a good budget for that event. Same with intramural awards, that is a matter of priority and choosing a balance of athletic girls at Rush (if that is the priority of a particular sorority. Some sororities prioritize high gpas than others, but all have solid gpas. About volunteerism, all sororities are solid there, too... just some have more nationally known (ads/media) organizations that make it simpler to appear super involved.

By: Well-spoken

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.