facebook

sae still doing pledgeship?

by: Truth

I've heard that SAE by all accounts is still doing pledgeship? I know it's basically open door policy for anyone with a Y Chromosone here at Baylor but seriously guys you aren't Alabama or Texas, you can't get away with skirting the rules for long. As a group nationally and locally they are slipping fast and the local group's new Pledge Class confirms that.

Posted By: Truth
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Adipi    

My boyfriend told me that they are still making the pledges to through a simplified version of pledgeship on the "DL".

By: Adipi
#2  by: ^   

Don't worry about what the largest and best national fraternity in America is doing Phi Delt.

The Edawgs will be fine.

By: ^
by: ^Feb 16, 2015 9:30:04 AM

Not to get into the middle of a Phi Delt vs SAE slap fight but.......

SAE is the largest fraternity in America, followed by SigEp.

TKE has the most chapters at 300+ but they are not the largest.....the average chapter size is like 32 guys.

#3  by: ^   

SAE is still doing a pledgeship..........they are just trying to do it underground and quickly so that nationals does not find out.

But its not any different than other fraternities.

Kappa Sig, Fiji, and Phi Delt are nationally dry now on paper...but most of their chapters still have alcohol functions.

#4  by: BU   

They are not supposed to be having any pledgeship.

From their national website.

[Under SAE's revised new member program, which went into effect immediately after its announcement in March, "candidates for membership" must be fully initiated into the brotherhood within 96 hours of receiving their bids. "From the first day, the Ritual of Sigma Alpha Epsilon will guide members not in quiet allusion, build-up or allegory, but by experiencing it fully," states the new version of the "True Gentlemen Experience."

Now, new SAE members will have full access to the fraternity's secrets and rituals almost immediately after receiving an invitation to join.]

By: BU
by: yeahFeb 14, 2015 5:41:05 AM

Everyone knows it, too bad the fraternity nationally has turned into a huge bunch of emotional girls.

By: yeah
by: ^Feb 16, 2015 12:57:55 AM

Hahhahaha

by: wellFeb 16, 2015 11:06:54 PM

they're still doing it, we need to probably get that Nancy Drew kid who was monitoring bid day with IFC on the case

By: well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.