facebook

The tea on the top 4

by: me

My mom works with a lady who used to be a Sorority & Fraternity faculty advisor at Baylor. Here’s part of an email that she sent her last fall:

The most desired are Kappa, Tri Delta, Chi Omega and Pi Phi. The reason these 4 have always been the power houses at Baylor is because before NPC sororities, these were the 4 women’s social clubs. So, for example, Athenians became Kappa Kappa Gammas, etc. Therefore, they have always had tons of alumnae support, way more than the others. Sororities that colonized at Baylor but had almost zero alumnae in the area came and went (Sigma Kappa, Kappa Delta, etc). But I still insist that they are all wonderful groups and if a woman keeps an open mind, she can have a fabulous Greek experience. While some sororities are very strong nationally - such as Kappa Alpha Theta - they have always been mid-tier at Baylor. The Release Figure Numbers tell it all, but other than a few inside people, no one in general sees those numbers. And that's a good thing.

Posted By: me
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: LV   

The important takeaway is to keep an open mind during recruitment

By: LV
#2  by: OMG   

kkg always puts themselves first and in caps. Pi Phi is last and Theta is dismissed. The put their history only as being first. They were alums and several were MEN! Truth…judge in AZ is province officer bragging on FB
Hmmmmm…...

By: OMG
by: OMG Back at youJan 22, 2023 10:28:38 PM

Are u for real? Did u not read the first 2 sentences?! And last part of your comment doesn't even make sense

By: OMG Back at you
#3  by: Truth    

This is v true

By: Truth
#4  by: CZ   

yeah this makes sense

By: CZ
#5  by: xxxx   

theta was top when my mom went here and she was a theta

By: xxxx
#6  by: truth   

This!

By: truth
#7  by: Herstory   

Setting the record straight. DAP was the first to go national. Others followed a couple of semesters later. Being first, DAP got their pick of the nationals trying to colonize Baylor at that time. One of the main reasons they chose Theta was because it had a large showing of alumae in the Waco area.

By: Herstory
by: TigerjagFeb 5, 2024 12:06:33 AM

After DAP went Tri-Delt, the others knew it was time. DAP also went National because they were struggling. They weren't one of the top four. One of the semesters, DAP only had 4 pledges when everyone else had full classes of around 20. Yes, this was last century! Mid-70's, I think.

By: Tigerjag
#8  by: Stacy R   

So no PKT at Baylor?

By: Stacy R
by: ?Jan 10, 2024 9:39:49 PM

what is PKT

By: ?
by: jjJan 13, 2024 11:32:58 AM

pkt = piphi, kappa and theta. the first two are very strong at baylor. theta is a good sorority here but is mid tier.

By: jj
#9  by: Bear   

APhi is one of the strongest chapters nationally in recent decades, yet is rarely acknowledged at Baylor because it’s newer (ie, your grandma and mom weren’t in it!), and not traditionally southern, but boy do they have the hottest girls on campus!

By: Bear
by: aphiJan 15, 2024 9:05:43 PM

Hi Aphi

By: aphi
#10  by: Omg   

Written by a …hm….kkg in blackface

By: Omg

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.