facebook

rush?

by: Transfer

Do sophomores rush at Baylor? I'll be a transfer student and really want to rush, but I'm afraid I won't receive a bid. Are there any sororities who specifically do NOT take sophomore transfers? Also, what do the sororities look for in potential new members? Do you have to have connections to receive a bid? I don't know anyone at Baylor, but if I attend sub dinners and meet actives could that give me a connection to receive a bid? Like I said, I really want to rush.. But if my chances aren't too great please let me know. Thanks :)

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: rushrushrush   

you should definitely rush, it's gonna get you connected and make you feel less like a transfer and more like Baylor is home. If you make enough connections at SUB dinners and try as hard as you can, you can definitely get a bid. However, it's late in the game and it is much harder for sophomores because we'd rather take freshmen. My sorority is only taking 2 or 3 sophomores this year. Still try though! It's not too late!

By: rushrushrush
#2  by: no   

no... it will be hard as a sophomore especially if you are a transfer. your chances are not good. you can still try but sororities take girls that they knew in high school, not that they are just meeting. unless u have a 4.0 gpa and several extra curriculars (in college) don't count on it my friend. i mean u might have a chance at bottom sororities but def not kappa pi phi or theta.

By: no
by: simpNov 18, 2013 2:56:06 PM

not true. i know of several piphis that were sophomores. same with theta.dont listen to such bs

By: simp
by: well...Nov 19, 2013 9:20:43 PM

then they obviously went to high school with those girls. they don't just take sophomores that they meet at SUB dinners. and thats what the poster is asking about. sooo basically don't expect to get kappa pi phi or theta unless you knew them in HS.. they WILL NOT take random sophomore transfers

By: well...
#3  by: ^   

yes it will be hard but you have a chance of getting into ANY sorority if you work hard enough and it's a good fit. Weird things happen during rush, sororities cut the wrong girls, girls rushing change their mind...just try!

By: ^
by: TransferNov 18, 2013 10:49:19 AM

I am not looking to rush this year, I am transferring next fall and hope to rush the following spring! When you say "work hard" what do you mean? What should I do to make myself stand out to sororities and make them want to accept me as part of their sisterhood? Thanks for the advice!

By: Transfer
by: ^Nov 19, 2013 11:56:51 PM

the reason it's so hard is because most sororities only take a few sophomores, so naturally girls are gonna try to get their best friends in who didn't get bids last year. just be yourself and make as many friends in the sororities as you can. do your best to hang with as many as possible as much as possible

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.