facebook

which fraternities to rush?

by: transfer

I will be transferring to Baylor in the Fall of 2014, and I plan to rush as well. I will be classified as a sophomore. Which fraternities do y'all recommend for me to rush?

I am mostly looking into Phi Delt, DTD and Pi Kapp.

Posted By: transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: .   

DTD. They aren't as into petty drama.

By: .
by: UmmNov 10, 2013 9:42:31 PM

KOT isn't a real fraternity. I'd keep them off

By: Umm
#2  by: Check them out   

Phi Delt has the best and worst reputation of these depending who you talk to. They are the only one of the three ever considered top tier though. They have made the most considerable improvements of any fraternity over the past couple of years, but they also think a little too highly of themselves.
Delt has nice a lot of nice guys but also some weirdos. A lot of their guys did not get bids from sae or phi delt. They are not really known for anything other than being a middle tier fraternity.
Pi kapp is generally not respected and worse than the other two. Their pledge classes are filled guys who didnt get into Fiji or kappa Sig. They also have a lot of negative rumors surrounding them.

Bottom line is check them out and see where you fit in. And most importantly have fun with rush.
Also, I don't know why you aren't interested in kappa Sig, sae, and Fiji as they are all respected.

By: Check them out
by: TransferNov 10, 2013 4:58:54 PM

Actually I'm interested in all those fraternities, I was more interested in Phi Delt, DTD., and Pi Kapp because I have friends at other school who are in those fraternities, and I've heard good things about them.

I will definitely look into KSig, SAE, and Fiji.

By: Transfer
#3  by: Info   

Out of these three, id look more into Phi Delt and Delt. Phi Delt is the most popular of the bunch followed by Delt and then Pi Kapp. Phi Delt has a lot of nice, party types, along with some creepers. They throw awesome parties and always have fun. Delt has a lot of nice, cool guys but they seem to be just there. They also throw fun parties. Pi Kapp throws parties but they aren't really eventful. They are a very diverse group in terms of personality which can be good. They are known as tryhards and aren't well liked by other fraternities. They are the least traditional of this group. Phi Delt and Delt are very traditional in terms of style and personality. Both are sometimes regarded as country or kinda redneck whereas Pi Kapp is more of the bro type/city guys. Pikapp competes more with ATO and Sig Ep along with Kappa Sig sometimes. Phi Delt and Delt compete with each other along with SAE. Phi Delt also competes with Kappa Sig whereas Delt doesn't really. In terms of bids, I know of many in each that received and didn't recieve from other groups. This is more in terms of personality and type of guys. For example:

Phi Delt- country, party types. Traditional
Delt- same as Phi Delt. Less of a name though
Pi Kapp- more alternative, diverse in personality.

Look at all three and see which is te best fit. There's good and bad in all

By: Info
#4  by: Reference   

Best: Kappa Sig
Top: Phi Delt, SAE
Upper Mid: Delt
Mid: ATO, Pi Kapp
Bottom Mid: Sig Ep
Bottom: Beta
Worst: Tke

By: Reference
by: UmmNov 10, 2013 9:40:18 PM

Umm sorry but ATO is no where near as good as phidelt. Id move them down and move phidelt up. Most would agree with this

By: Umm
#5  by: The Top   

Top in this order (based off of where trend has been going)
Phi delt: best parties, Texas boys, future CEOS
SAE: great parties, southern gentlemen, well-connected
Kappa sig: above average parties, athletic, wide range of guys to talk to
KOT: parties are not their thing, exclusive but very involved with on campus, borderline creepy

By: The Top
#6  by: The Top   

Top in this order (based off of where trend has been going)
Phi delt: best parties, Texas boys, future CEOS

SAE: great parties, southern gentlemen, well-connected

Kappa sig: above average parties, athletic, wide range of guys to talk to

KOT: parties are not their thing, exclusive but very involved with on campus, borderline creepy

By: The Top
#7  by: Traditional    

Would only go Phi Delt or SAE, maybe Delt. Their more traditional, like you would see at other schools. Also tend to pull a higher quality set of guys. Kappa Sig is a mixed bag of good fraternity guys and weird hipster types, and all the other groups have trouble competing.

Both houses have a long good history at Baylor, where Delt is sort of new and less estaished.

By: Traditional
by: ^Nov 10, 2013 10:03:48 PM

Completely agree. No more is needed to say

By: ^
#8  by: ^   

Delt gets quality guys that ATO would dream about and you can hardly say anyone else does better and Pi Kapps are just TFM jokesters

By: ^
by: TruthNov 11, 2013 8:38:22 AM

Sounds like this guy got rejected. Delt isn't top tier but they compete and hold their own when it comes to getting quality guys. They are solid fraternity overall

By: Truth
#9  by: Transfer   

Just to add on, with me being black what would be my chances of getting into fraternities like SAE, Phi Delt, and DTD.

By: Transfer
by: no offenseNov 11, 2013 11:23:47 AM

Honestly only delt

By: no offense
by: Delt or SigEpNov 11, 2013 2:58:37 PM

Go Delt and have Sig Ep as a backup. Phi Delt and SAE will be a stretch. Most top Texas fraternities rarely take other races. Not that it can't be done, it's just a lot tougher than you think.

By: Delt or SigEp
by: adviceNov 11, 2013 10:44:39 PM

Look at fiji, pikapp, and ato too. they are all decent groups that have cool guys. i guess look into all of them haha.

By: advice
#10  by: opinion   

Phi delt is the best of those if your more into country, they have the best parties for sure. Delt is good too if your into country but they are less popular. Pi kapp is kind of like fiji, protein shaking jokesters that are the "bro" type.

By: opinion

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.