facebook

bigs and littles?

by: curious

I'm rushing in January and Im wondering how bigs and littles work? Do I get to choose my big? Do people judge you based on who your big is?

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: DiamondsADPI   

The different sororities may do it differently. With us, the girls that help you through initiation typically become your bigs. Bigs/littles are generally mutually selected, but it may vary based on how many girls can take a little. And no. You won't be judged on your big, at least you shouldn't be. Don't be so nervous. You'll get gifts from your big and it'll be amazing <3

By: DiamondsADPI
#2  by: anonymous    

I have two sororities I really like but one of them I'd mostly join because I want this one girl to be my big. Is that bad?

By: anonymous
by: DiamondsADPINov 2, 2013 1:49:28 PM

I don't think so. My best friend ended up being my big actually.. Join the sorority where you feel most at home at. If you guys are close, it's highly likely she will become your big, but I mean, there are so many girls that come in, I can't make any promises :\ But if she doesn't become your big, she'll still be your sorority sister and you'll still get to do stuff together

By: DiamondsADPI
by: that's great!Nov 2, 2013 1:56:27 PM

a lot of the sororities have very similar girls, so even if you already know just one or two girls you love, that's enough of a reason because you're gonna end up really liking a lot of the other girls no matter where you go

By: that's great!
by: anonymous Nov 2, 2013 1:57:40 PM

i know she is rushing a lot of other freshman girls and they want that sorority. it's a top tier one... should I still try to rush them?

By: anonymous
by: ^Nov 2, 2013 1:59:00 PM

yes, and rush at least one or two others as well. this goes for any sorority you want, because they are all hard to get into and i've seen a lot of weird things happen during rush.

By: ^
#3  by: eh   

"they are all hard to get into" except ADPi doesn't cut, and AXO barely cuts.

By: eh
by: ya butNov 2, 2013 2:10:13 PM

it's getting more competitive every year and it's hard to tell where girls are gonna wanna go. and even if a group "barely cuts," you could be that one that gets cut. just be safe

By: ya but
by: PanhellenicNov 2, 2013 2:24:58 PM

1000 girls go in, 600 girls get bids. 1/3 of the total girls are getting cut. You're not guaranteed a spot, not even in AXO

By: Panhellenic
#4  by: Bigs   

You're not going to get judged by your big. Even if you have a super cray big.

By: Bigs
#5  by: Umm   

Why would you post a question just to reply to yourself every other minute? Most of the replies (if not all) are from the original poster. Do you really not have anything better to do?

By: Umm
#6  by: No   

Most people don't care who your big is, that's more just for you.

By: No
#7  by: Yeah   

It's a mutual selection process!

By: Yeah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.