facebook

sub dinners

by: bear 2013

I keep hearing a lot about the SUB dinners. What exactly are they and what do you wear? Do you go to one every night or just to the sororities that you think you'd like to be in? It seems like even though formal rush isn't until January that it's really all of fall semester. That seems stressful!

Posted By: bear 2013
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greek   

SUB dinners are events that take place in the SUB in the fall semester for those who are interested in rushing to check out and meet different girls in each of the 8 panhellenic sororities at Baylor. I would definitely recommend going to every single SUB dinner to get a feel for each chapter! You don't really need to worry about them now, most girls typically wear shorts and t-shirts. If you like a sorority that you met at a sub dinner, you can visit that same one the same time next week and you can continue visiting with them until rush week starts!
SUB dinners aren't required if you want to rush, but they're encouraged so that way bids are more likely! Some sororities stand up the whole time, while others eat dinner, I personally ate dinner while I was at SUB dinners, people don't mind! Also, SUB dinners are pretty chill, girls who are in sororities know that you're nervous, and believe it or not, we're nervous too! We'll try to make this as easy for y'all as possible!

By: Greek
#2  by: greekgal   

SUB dinners are very important so that you can meet the girls and get a feel for the sorority. Most sororities have their pledge classes picked out (for the most part) before formal rush starts and if you don't know girls, it's super tough to get a bid.

By: greekgal
#3  by: Sorority   

There will be schedule for sub dinners listing out times for the 8 sororities. Go to each one and decide who you connect with best. I would gradually narrow them down and pick your top 2 or 3 and continue rushing them until January. Good luck!

By: Sorority
#4  by: Greek   

Just go to Kappas and Pi Phis

By: Greek
#5  by: RealGreek   

As a transfer from Texas and in the know about Greek life, don't rush kappa or PiPhi. They have their heads so far up their rears it's not even funny. Theta is the way to go. In all actuality though, you should rush what you like and be open and be yourself. People end up where they belong. Just be open to all groups and don't let others influence you

By: RealGreek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.