facebook

room for a new sorority?

by: Wondering

Hey everyone, looking for honest answers from sorority members. You probably know there used to be seven sororities at ETSU. Besides the four you have, there was also Phi Mu, DZ and AOII. Three family members, including my mom, were in one of them and say a lot of alums really want to re-colonize on campus. Do you all think ETSU would be open to expansion? Is there enough interest to support another sorority?

Posted By: Wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Poptop   

We need a Phi Mu, that is all.

By: Poptop
#2  by: ETSU   

I agree! Any of them would be great to come back or all of them in time. Phi Mu would be my first choice- always loved the pink and white!

By: ETSU
#3  by: :)   

That's interesting! I'm the OP and Phi Mu is the one my relatives are alumnae of! They say there are lots of them who would love to return. The were a great chapter back in the day.

By: :)
#4  by: GoGreek   

How do we invite them back? I'd love Phi Mu here!

By: GoGreek
#5  by: Yeah   

AOII would be good too. We could bring them all back over time!

By: Yeah
#6  by: Youreachek   

Kappa Alpha Theta

By: Youreachek
#7  by: KAT - nope   

No.. I don't think we should bring one that hasn't been here before since we have 3 that need to be active again...

By: KAT - nope
by: kMar 17, 2016 10:39:40 AM

They don't NEED to be active again, some of you WANT them to be active again.

By: k
#8  by: Why?   

Why did they all leave?

By: Why?
by: BeeSep 23, 2016 10:49:03 AM

In the 60s and 70s there was a decline of interest for Greek life so they decided to close those chapters

By: Bee
#9  by: ...   

Looks like this thread was started over a year ago, but I hear ETSU really is open for expansion now. Any ideas or word on which sororities will present?

By: ...
by: ?Apr 11, 2016 10:07:44 PM

So far, AGD per Greek Chat

By: ?
#10  by: ..   

Even though it would be nice for each sorority to recolonize their chapter back at some point, there is a process to all of this. Panhellenic and the Univeristy will see which chapter would be the best fit for right now. Panhellenic is not going to get on this thread and base their decision on these comments. Just sayin! :)

By: ..

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.