facebook

question about dropout

by: bee

hey so is it common for girls to drop out of their sorority here? if so are they looked down upon? is there a certain sorority that usually has girls that drop out?
thanks(:

Posted By: bee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Depends   

Sometimes seniors will drop because they’re not as involved and it is a lot of money to pay when you’re not doing anything.
Most girls from zeta will end up dropping.
You’re typically not looked down upon unless you drop on bad terms with your sisters or something along those lines. Your sisters will still be your friends whether you wear your letters or not.
Otherwise I’d say no it’s not so common, nobody from my sorority ever drops!
When and if you go through recruitment make sure you really love the girls and can see yourself as one of them and not just going for the tier otherwise you will end up dropping

By: Depends
by: wellAug 26, 2019 1:52:23 PM

"Your sisters will still be your friends whether you wear your letters or not."

A lot of times this is not true, though. Your sorority is what brought you together, and you're breaking the bond that brought you together by dropping out. It can get pretty awkward if someone drops out and their friends are all in the organization still. You're definitely going to lose at least some friends if you drop out.

By: well
#2  by: yeah   

I went early alum (essentially you're still a member but it's as if you graduated) and girls in my sorority pretended they didn't even know me. I lost basically all of the friends I had (so maybe they weren't really my friends at all lol). But that's just my experience!! It's not the same across the board.

By: yeah
#3  by: ooop   

everyone says aphi gets the most drops.. hence why they prob had to recruit so much this fall

By: ooop
by: And I oopSep 28, 2019 9:21:18 PM

And everyone KNOWS Zeta really gets the most. It takes skill to make your president drop their letters mid-term

By: And I oop
by: wrongOct 1, 2019 8:17:43 AM

Actually aphi took so many people because our entire senior pc graduated! They took so many because nobody drops ha

By: wrong
#4  by: What's best for you   

End of the day you have to do what is best for you. Sororities are meant to bond like minded women together to enhance the collegiate experience. If it's not doing that for you then there should be no shame in dropping. If it is due to finances, reach out to your advisors and the GLO to see if there is anything more they can do to help.

No one should judge you for dropping and if they do, then they arent really friends worth keeping, right? In my pledge class, one new member got kicked out and another one dropped out. I still hung out with both of them and so did other sisters who were real friends with them. ... now you may not be as close with your sisters once you leave because they will still have to be attending sorority events and such. But if any of them are really your friend, then no they arent going to stop being your friend.

If you're still concerned, I would just talk to them directly about it. Let them know you're considering dropping, explain why. Maybe it is something they can fix. Maybe more sisters can be checking in with you.

Do what's best for you.

By: What's best for you

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.