facebook

rushing in fall

by: abcd

I want to rush in the fall but I’m not sure what things would help me max out invites? like do y’all make decisions on who you want to drop before they even enter the house?

Posted By: abcd
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Male   

The answers are different depending on if you are going through fraternity or sorority rush. Ae you male, or female?

By: Male
#2  by: maxed   

Well, "who you want to drop" is really not the mindset in the sorority chapters, though I guess it does seem like that to pnm's. The chapter members DO NOT sit around and talk about who to drop. We are actually looking for who we want to KEEP. We are always looking for the good qualities and positives of each pnm. We don't hand in a list of pnm's to drop!

Then you have to remember that every chapter is given a limited number of pnm's we can invite back each round, so we all have to work within the numbers we are given. So there may be 1000 pnm's and our chapter could only have 500 back, that's our cutoff so we have to focus on our top 500.

Those are the two things that drive the invitation lists to the next round.

With that said, yes, we already have a good idea of the pnm's we are interested in before you walk in the door. It is based on grades, resume, social media, videos, and if chapter members know anything about you from a personal relationship. That's all we can do first round without meeting you in person. Each chapter ranks the pnm's on any of the above criteria and the cut-off rankings for an invitation back is whatever the computer says it is. The only difference in later rounds is that we also add rankings for what you are like in person - your conversation, how you present yourself, and the interest level you show in our chapter.

If you don't get invited back to a house it's not because there is something wrong with you! It's not because we didn't like you! You were not singled out to be dropped!
You will get dropped by some houses. Almost all pnm's get dropped by some houses. All normal, though it is intimidating and hard when it happens. All it takes is one!

By: maxed
#3  by: Male   

If you are female, then #2 answer is correct.
If you are male and you want to join a fraternity, recruitment is wide open. Go to any fraternity you want during open house. You can collect as many bids as you want.

By: Male
#4  by: Master   

The sorority side has been answered but for frats, rush unofficially starts once summer c begins and all the freshman come. The upper half frats all take this time to bid up the best kids before another frat does so what you should do is come to tally as early as possible and go to bars and show face to try and meet frat members.

By: Master

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.