facebook

middle tier fraternity’s, breakdown

by: Truth

For anybody on here that may be trying to get an idea on where they want to rush this fall, this may be the post for u. This will be my take on some of the middle tier fraternity’s that are super boring but at the same time are way over hyped, also the fraternity’s that are super underrated that are up and coming.

Overrated Fraternity’s:
Sig Ep- Sig ep has a lot of cool guys but with that being said, these guys are so overrated it hurts, Can’t recall the last time they have thrown any kind of party or pregame. These guys are more about academics and philanthropy rather than being frat.
Kappa Sig- These guys are the most average group of guys at FSU, mainly keep to themselves, rarely do anything at all socially.
KA- Now KA is a decent fraternity but in previous years they not only have swayed away from being as southern as they once were, but they are starting to do less and less every year. This past year for example they threw one EDM party and a crawfish boil if that even counts as a social event. Definitely a very boring fraternity to join if you are joining to have fun and party.

Underrated fraternity’s:
Sigma pi: these guys don’t have the best reputation on campus being that they were one of the worst frats on campus just a few years ago. With that being said them picking up the LXA mansion next to pike has without a doubt carried them in almost every aspect from way better pledge classes all the way to better tailgates/ parties. Not to mention they have hh pre’s every weekend which isn’t very common due to new rules and regulations.
SAE: This is another fraternity that doesn’t have the best reputation on campus due to previous years, but there is no doubt that their pledge classes are greatly improving due to their location and new house. SAE is also always partying, they have hh pre’s every weekend and they always are a good time.
Fiji: Fiji doesn’t get very much respect but they are better than what they get credit for, their islander party was a bigger outcome than most expected and they also tend to bring in better pledges classes every year.

All these fraternity’s have great things about them, but just keep in mind some of the lower middle tier fraternity’s are a better time than some over these over hyped fraternity’s. This is just my take.

Posted By: Truth
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Brink   

@yikes. Yeah I’m on here with my head swirling! Not on here using mean words about my FSU classmates. I’m proud to be a Nole! And, I was raised better than that.

By: Brink
by: uhJun 16, 2019 1:48:39 PM

didn’t make this post but the meanest word i read was either over hyped or average lmaooo, you’re just being a troll

By: uh
#2  by: -   

I’m in one of the fraternities you said was underrated, but I fw sig ep and KA. I’m a KA legacy and I very nearly pledged there. All of the ‘middle tier’ fraternities here are pretty damn good.

By: -
by: facts Jun 16, 2019 2:37:50 PM

yep there are cool guys in all of the mentioned fraternity’s above

By: facts
#3  by: Baker   

If Sig Ep is not social that's their nationals fault. SigEp national advertises them as a no alcohol, scholarship house type of fraternity.
Kappa Sig has that great house. Its a shame they don't do anything with it.
KA is a great fraternity but they're still recovering from the campus-wide suspension plus their national told them they cannot do Old South anymore. They're still KA.
Sigma Pi catches crap but they're better than advertised. Its a good fraternity to join, and next to Pike.
SAE is a good party fraternity but that's about it.
Fiji has a great house and has potential to be a top chapter, but they're not there yet.

By: Baker
#4  by: -   

Personally I would rank them like this

Sig Ep
KA
SAE
Kappa Sig
Sigma Pi
FIJI

By: -
by: zzzJun 16, 2019 7:53:53 PM

I would switch kappa sig and sae, for many reasons

By: zzz
by: ^Jun 16, 2019 7:55:38 PM

out of curiosity, why? I see them as dead even and pretty much the same frat

By: ^
by: YeeeJun 17, 2019 7:31:37 AM

Solid list, I’m just really not a fan of sig ep they’re super overhyped. That might change when they move into chi phi’s Shack this year but oh well, we’ll see.

By: Yeee
by: NahJun 17, 2019 7:36:06 AM

I would disagree with “zzz”, kappa sig would be better f they just gave a sh it. They’ve been a middle tier house for 20+ years and they just don’t really do anything. SAE was literally dogsh it a couple of years ago and they’ve clawed their way back, so def on the upswing.

By: Nah
by: truJun 17, 2019 10:57:02 AM

well kappa sig has a better house, better sorority relations and i’m not saying sae has bad parties, but kappa sigs parties are always more hype and have a better turn out. If you talk to any unbiased girl who hangs out at both fraternity’s they would agree

By: tru
by: PartyGirlJun 17, 2019 11:38:26 AM

The prob with hyped up parties is-it’s easy to be disappointed if they’re just an okay time. Sometimes low key is better. Great normal likable guys in Sig Ep, KA, SAE and Kappa Sig. I enjoy hanging out with any of them!

By: PartyGirl
by: facts Jun 17, 2019 12:10:07 PM

@partygirl that’s my point tho all the fraternity’s in the middle tier are a good time and so similar, K sig, KA, sig ep, SAE, Sigma pi. I know some are better than others but all of them are quality fraternity’s and all very similar

By: facts
#5  by: Yes   

I would agree. Maybe switch Sig Ep and KA

By: Yes
#6  by: Sister    

I’d rank them:
Sig Ep,
KA/SAE
Kappa. Just my opinion. They’ve all got decent guys. I’m a fan of these 4 and can have fun with the guys in any of these houses. I’ve been on their date functions and taken them to mine. Always a good time.

As far as fiji having the potential to be a top chapter....that will never happen. The top stays the top.

By: Sister
by: YepJun 18, 2019 11:57:01 AM

Good list

By: Yep
#7  by: Really?   

Cage death match over who is top of the middle? Lmao. And sae and fiji aren't even middle tier.

By: Really?
by: truthJun 18, 2019 1:22:59 PM

i’m not in sae but they are definitely middle tier, fiji on the other hand is at the top of the bottom tier

By: truth
#8  by: SRS   

Not in either but SAE solid mid now. So much better than when I was a freshman. I don’t go to Fiji ever.

By: SRS
by: 2020Jun 18, 2019 4:09:10 PM

Sae has not gotten any better or worse since i’ve been here, i’m sure a few of them would argue because every fraternity thinks they are getting better but they literally are exactly the same.

By: 2020
#9  by: FanClub   

I like Kappa Sig, SAE and Sig Ep. I took guys from these frats on all my sorority functions last year. All good frats. Good guys. Fun gentlemen. Not arrogant or rude.

By: FanClub
by: sorority Jun 21, 2019 3:04:48 PM

Ya I did the same. Call me crazy but these guys are better to go on date functions with because the boys(and I mean it when I say ‘boys’) in “top tiers” allllllways have an ego and they’re so respectful because they know their frat’s reputation is on the line. Oh and there are some reeaally good looking guys in all of those chapters(and some that aren’t lol).

Absolutely love these fraternities, KA too

By: sorority
#10  by: sorority   

I really like all but a couple of the chapters you mentioned and I think some of them have the opportunity to grow a lot if they do well this year. With only 16 fraternities left on campus there is the chance for several of them to become extremely strong houses in the next couple of years. Especially Sig Ep with their new house(and they're supposed to start building another soon???) and SAE because they're just really good nationwide so it's weird that at a school known for its greek life that they're middle. KA's kinda slipping but it's just KA being KA so I'm sure they'll do just fine too.

By: sorority

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.