facebook

sorority rush

by: Jw

Does rushing as a sophomore harm your chances of being in the house you want? I’ve heard mixed things like that sororities won’t want a sophomore, but then again I’ve heard that they have to take a certain amount of sophomores ??

Posted By: Jw
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Soph   

No house HAS to take anyone, including a certain amount of sophomores. Freshmen are more highly desired, therefore there is a separate quota for upperclassmen so they're not competing with freshmen for spots. But quotas are the maximum a chapter can take, not a minimum requirement, so just because there's an upperclassmen quota doesn't mean a chapter has to take any at all. Where upperclassmen do have an advantage is if sorority members already know them from being on campus and like them. If this is the case then they will pull for these pnm's during recruitment. Or it could go the other way of course if their impression is a bad one!

By: Soph
by: HmmAug 10, 2018 1:21:10 PM

So if someone or people in the house already know you and don't like you, your chances are poor?

By: Hmm
by: WellAug 10, 2018 2:31:57 PM

If they have enough pull with their sorority, yeah probably not great chances

By: Well
by: SophAug 10, 2018 2:36:04 PM

Yes, if someone in the house doesn't like you your chances are pretty much tanked. That would be an easy immediate cut.

By: Soph
by: DUHAug 10, 2018 3:44:44 PM

"So if someone or people in the house already know you and don't like you, your chances are poor?" Do you really have to ask this? I mean, how do you think this all works?

By: DUH
#2  by: Girl   

@well what do you mean by "enough pull"

By: Girl
by: not @WellAug 10, 2018 10:34:45 PM

It means an active can influence other members of her chapter.

By: not @Well
by: WellAug 11, 2018 5:43:14 AM

Yes, I am referring to how influential they are in their chapter overall. Remember, most of these girls don’t know you so they are vulnerable to persuasion from someone who actually knows you

By: Well
by: ^Aug 11, 2018 9:25:38 AM

Vulnerable is a bad word choice. Actives TRUST each other, and a well-respected member's word, meaning pull, is enough to make a decision by.

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.