facebook

advice going into or viewing greeklife

by: HopefullyHelpful

Just a heads up for any new people scrolling this site, this site is POPULATED with seniors in high school, freshman in college, and potentially college sophomores. I know this because at one point I too was a new college kid desperately searching for information on this site. I was either getting misleading information about a sororities so called “reputation” when not in greeklife or seeing what other people thought of my chapter and it’s “rank” when I joined greeklife. I’ve seen for years while in college people ranking different sororities incredibly high, low, middle, upper middle, lower mid, you name it. Each chapter has been seen ranked in a multitude of ways. This even including my own sorority. And all I have to say is, every post whether you agree with it or not is incredibly biased. You’ll never really know what a chapter is all about through a thread on this site and honestly, not even really through rush. It’s really the initiation process where you’ll learn about the chapter. And any advice I can give after my years in greeklife is if you genuinely like your sisters and feel comfortable around them, stay in. If not, then drop and put your money somewhere else that makes you happier. Ranks can be misleading. They only really matter to insecure underclassmen (this including underclassmen in frats as well) and will become insignificant the older you get. So please, do your best to keep in mind you don’t know 100% of everything about a chapter. Along with this, also remember to strive to be a part of a chapter only because you love it. It won’t be worth it in the end if you really don’t.

Posted By: HopefullyHelpful
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.