facebook

fraternity stereotypes

by: FutureNole

I'm transferring from South Carolina and I plan to rush. Could someone list what stereotype fits each fraternity? I'm really interested in Sigma Chi and Kappa Alpha.

Posted By: FutureNole
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: If you're from    

South Carolina you should definitely look at the more Southern chapters probably.

By: If you're from
#2  by: FutureNole   

Yeah that's what I sorta figured haha just wondering what the top teir southern chapters are. I've heard good things about sigma chi and KA

By: FutureNole
#3  by: you should   

check out pi kapp and kappa sig as well, also pike is good in some aspects

By: you should
by: YeahApr 14, 2013 4:52:38 PM

Sigma Chi, KA, Pi Kapp, Kappa Sig, Sigma Nu and ATO are all solid chapters with relatively Southern-ish reps. KA and Sigma Chi are probably the top two of that group, but they're all strong. You could also go to top tier chapters like Phi Sig or Pike, but both are kind of guido so it might not be your scene.

By: Yeah
#4  by: Ajax   

This comment is pretty accurate: "Sigma Chi, KA, Pi Kapp, Kappa Sig, Sigma Nu and ATO are all solid chapters with relatively Southern-ish reps. KA and Sigma Chi are probably the top two of that group, but they're all strong."
However, Sigma Nu is gone now. The fraternities with the top overall reputations are Pike, Delta Tau Delta and Phi Sigma Kappa, with Sigma Chi and KA close behind.
As far as stereotypes, I'd say:
Pike - corporate, wealthy, athletic;
Delt - fun, athletic, popular;
Phi Sig - fun, athletic, south Florida influence is heavy;
Sigma Chi - purely social, popular, 'southern';
KA - redneck southern, uninvolved but popular, no enemies, keep to themselves;
ATO - rising, working to get back among the elite;
Pi Kappa Phi - 'southern', good all around;
Theta Chi - very good, much better than reputation, would rank much higher with better housing;
Phi Kappa Tau - solid, decent, well thought of;
Sig Ep - rising quickly, not 'southern', strong alumni backing;
Phi Delta Theta - awesome house, coming back after a bad year but great potential;
ZBT - rising quickly, in the old LXA house (awesome);
Kappa Sigma - low profile, 'southern';
lots of other fraternities with lower profiles.

By: Ajax

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.