facebook

rushing as a junior

by: jw

ok so i go to a college out of state but ill be transferring junior year and i want to rush but idk if it would even be worth it, do they have a certain number of upperclassmen they have to take? and would the other junior/ senior girls even want me there.
also would it be weird rushing with freshman and how would i even do big/little week?
sry i have a lot of questions but SOS!!!

Posted By: jw
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Unogetin   

You truly have an up hill battle.

Keep in mind they accept maybe one or two juniors/seniors. These will probably be girls that they know and have established themselves at Fsu over the past couple of years.

Your PC will call you grandma.

25 to 30% of people that rush and up not starting in a sorority.

30% of those that do decide to go forward will not do so for the entirety of their college career.

Good luck if you decide to do this but if I were you I would explore the many other free options on campus.

By: Unogetin
#2  by: Hey   

Rushing as an upperclassmen is tricky. However I wouldn't say give up. My friend rushed as a junior and got into a pretty good house. I'd suggest that you try it and see. If not, check out FSU's local sorority Delta Nu Zeta. They're cheaper and they still do a lot of the same things as Panhellenic sororities. I waited until I was a senior to rush (worst choice ever I know) bc of some personal reasons and I knew a Panhellenic sorority wouldn't take me because I was too old, plus I couldn't afford dues. I rushed DNZ this week and got my bid today and I'm really happy. If Panhellenic doesn't work out, I'd say give DNZ a try. There's tons of other Greek life options too.

By: Hey
#3  by: For   

Gfd

By: For

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.