facebook

rushing again??

by: Fml

I got into a house I didn't want, it's just not for me and I don't mesh very well with the girls and it's too cliquey for me and it's not what I wanted out of a sorority. I've found houses I'd much rather be a part of that aren't like this and have strong sisterhoods. My only problem is would houses know I rushed last year besides the one I got into and how embarrassing is it. I'd hate to not be able to experience greek life because one house "saw" something in me but ended up not working out

Posted By: Fml
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ok   

What are you going to do differently to have a different rush next year?

By: Ok
#2  by: Curious   

Just curious bc i feel same, did you get top tier?

By: Curious
by: FmlSep 1, 2017 8:10:10 PM

Yes and I don't like it.

By: Fml
by: FmlSep 5, 2017 11:32:18 PM

Actually I went upper mid and it is worse than a top. Hard to tell if they wanted me for me or what I could do for their sorority by looking pretty because they want to climb the greek ladder.

by: HmSep 30, 2017 3:01:39 PM

She's probably ADPi. Should've listened to the candid confessional

By: Hm
#3  by: Obly   

Hahahahaha Its DG

By: Obly
#4  by: Sounds   

It sounds like you got snookered into all of that crap about "just give it a chance", " there's always a house for you ", and " you must join a sorority in order to enjoy college ."

I hope that your $3000 per semester search for sisterhood works out for you :-).

Sidenote: way to go Panhellenic, you hooked another one.

By: Sounds
#5  by: F   

Bump

By: F
#6  by: Fml   

Just checking in to see if it is any better, Please let me know.

by: HiSep 24, 2017 11:37:43 PM

Unfortunately it's not better. I've been actively trying to make connections in the house by going to lunch and dinner everyday. However, i've made zero friends/connections. The girl who preffed me has yet to say hi to me at the house. I sit alone at lunch, dinner there are more girls so i'm not alone. I just find myself only going to the house for food and even then I dread doing that because I have no friends. I prayed for it to get better and it hasn't, hopefully getting a big this week might help.

By: Hi
#7  by: Hi   

You're not the first to do this. I know of a couple girls who did this actually and are much happier now. Wait it off until right before initiation and if you're still not happy, then drop. Re rush next year and be honest that it's your second time around and although it was a great house it wasn't for you, you won't be shunned by it or judged. You change and grow a lot in a year and I'm sure you'll be able to find your true home.

By: Hi
#8  by: D   

Drop and rerush. You will be happier.

By: D
#9  by: You are a    

Dotard...

By: You are a
#10  by: hi   

I hope getting a big helped how you felt about your chapter. Additionally, I would recommend you reaching out to your new member educator. She will definitely help you hook you up with a group she thinks you could fit into. If it doesn't work out before initiation you can release yourself and rush again. As long as you clear your social media other chapters won't know.

By: hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.