facebook

bid day

by: rwrer

Who got the best pledge classes today in your opinion?

Posted By: rwrer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: happy to be home   

From what I saw, Phi Mu got a diverse mix of women - they don't have a strong identity quite yet. AXD got a lot of cute girls this year, I think they're going into a strong year. AOPi is kind of all over the place - there is one quality that AOPi really looks for and Im not sure what is it exactly. There girls were a very mixed bag this recruitment. DZ and DG, as normal, swept up a lot of the super hotties, but less genuine girls. Chi O got a lot of great girls, too, and all the girls who got Chi O bids seemed thrilled. I didn't see the Aphis or ASA.Overall, a very successful bid day. Congrats to all the ladies!!!!

By: happy to be home
by: TSep 27, 2015 9:24:30 PM

Phi Mu and ASA looked like they didnt get alot of girls? Did they even make quota? !

By: T
by: MdSep 27, 2015 10:02:41 PM

Phi Mu made quota. ASA didn't and had to give out nine snap bids

By: Md
by: HmSep 27, 2015 10:38:43 PM

If phi mu made quota then maybe not everyone ran home because I remember thinking the group looked small

By: Hm
by: YupSep 27, 2015 10:58:45 PM

Yeah they did but they got around 40 women I heard

By: Yup
#2  by: Truth   

From what I saw each chapter got a mix of cute girls and some not cute ones (even dz and aphi). Overall everyone did great and every chapter's new members looked happy with their choices!

By: Truth
by: Found home!Sep 27, 2015 9:48:19 PM

I thought the same thing! I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that almost every chapter had a mix of girls. It was reassuring to see that looks weren't the primary consideration for most chapters!

By: Found home!
#3  by: Happy   

It's true every sorority had real gems

By: Happy
#4  by: Hey   

ASA didn't make quota. Noticed that APhi, DG, and DZ didn't seem to recruit solely for looks this year, which is nice to see. AOPi got the biggest pledge class. CHIO did well, and I think AXID is finally on the rise. Didn't notice phi mu.

By: Hey
by: HuhSep 28, 2015 8:38:33 AM

Yeah i dont agree with AXID being on the rise? Theyve always been a middle tier chapter in my eyes and that PC was so average. Whats so different?

By: Huh
by: Well...Sep 28, 2015 10:32:14 AM

^^ Disagree. Definitely say they have improved. Yes the PC wasn't drop dead gorgeous, but you could see they were not as awkward as in the past. They have recruited large pledge classes and have met quota the past two years, and their sisters sincerely love their chapter. They also have strong ties and show support for other chapters. They are middle tier now, but two years ago they were definitely improving. So that would be considered "on the rise."

By: Well...
#5  by: Honest and truthful   

DZ- still a top chapter at DePaul. Recruited pretty girls that fit their cookie cutter image. Although there were a few that didn't exactly fit that image so it was nice to see they weren't being as shallow as they usually are. Kuddos.
APHI- Good pledge class. A lot less Kardashian look a likes and a lot of more average looking girls, but I've already heard that they have drama. But that's what happens when you recruit girls who are "hot" and want to party, there's no sisterhood to hold this group together. Like always- they will go in hiding after recruitment. So we will see you guys next year.
ASA- Didn't make quota again. I used to really love this chapter and it's sad to see how quickly and fast they have fallen over the past two years. They just don't seem to care.
CHI O- Good pledge class! Really cute. They are definitely rebounding and the girls seem to sincerely love their chapter. Hopefully this will smooth over any bumps in the road they ran into last year.

DG- Pledge class was a definite improvement from last year. Saw a few gems. They were behind AOPII but they have definitely reclaimed their spot. Not exactly as dominant as they were a few years ago, but they are working their way back up.
AOPII- Biggest pledge class but they didn't perform as well as last year. I think their rising image as gotten to the best of them and made their performance during recruitment this year fall short. Had a lot of gems in their pledge class but also a lot of awkward girls.

By: Honest and truthful
by: Honest and truthfulSep 28, 2015 10:26:37 AM

Cont.

PHI MU- Still working through the kinks of a new chapter. So of course their pledge class is going to be a hefty mix of different types of girls. They need numbers so they will take what they can get, but I did see some gems in their pledge class. They are not off to a bad start for a brand new chapter, but they still are bottom tier.
AXID- Had a large pledge class of a mix of bland and pretty girls. It seems like they are finally getting their bearings as a chapter and are making some strong strides in the past two years (two years ago they recruited less than 20 girls). This would be a chapter to look out for in the next few years, definitely could be seen as a strong, middle tier chapter. Let's see if they can internally keep it together this next school year.

By: Honest and truthful
by: GirlsSep 28, 2015 11:01:45 AM

Disagree with the "alot of awkward girls" comment. I guess I was surprised by a handful of the girls aopi chose but im interested to see how the year plays out for them. Overall mostly gems.

By: Girls
by: lolSep 28, 2015 11:09:06 AM

LOL at the AOPII before me commenting on her own pledge class. sorry you hardly hit a low quota to begin with.

By: lol
by: LolSep 28, 2015 11:17:30 AM

Lol you caught me!!! Definitely an aopi...NOT.

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.