facebook

greek life here sucks.

by: Hi

From what I'm comparing to state schools, greek life here is so pointless.

I want to know..what's the draw? I want to know what makes it good here. I see no appeal, there aren't houses, the parties are super small, your chapter is held in a classroom. There's not a greek town. All your events are held in the student center or something similar. There's no greek week, homecoming, anything like that. Also from what I can tell, everyone in greek life kinda knows who each other is as well.

From what I can see, you're in it to buy your friends (or at least buy a social life) and wear letters. I want someone to prove me wrong. Explain why it's legit.

Posted By: Hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: DPU Greek    

It is a different experience than being in a state school, but that doesn't make it any less amazing. The parties aren't "super small", they are the largest parties that happen at DePaul. Social events are held all over the city, and the venues are frankly much nicer than anything you'll find in a state school. And, we do have a greek week, it's happening in a couple of weeks.
Being in a sorority or fraternity is a lot more than just making friends. You are held to a higher standard academically and socially, it promotes leadership and management skills that are much more extensive than other college organizations, and it gives you a home away from home. The bond you create with your brothers and sisters will last a lifetime. I have a 100 sisters that I can count on to be there for me, and not many college students can say that. Just because we don't have houses, does not mean our Greek Life is any less than a state school. The parties are great, the people are genuine, and you shouldn't knock it until you try it.

By: DPU Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.