facebook

out of state pnm

by: Woo

I am reading through this page and becoming very worried about rushing now. I feel like I am very unprepared. I want to basically know if I’m screwed. I am from out of state and know very few people at UofA. I don’t have any legacies or super great connections or anything like that. I have a few people I could reach out to but would that be weird? I don’t know. I have a high Gpa, I would say I’m a well liked person, nice, social and definitely have never had anything scandalous happen with my name if you know what I mean. I have good highschool friend group (trying to give context as how I’m not a strange girl) but I just never got super close with the girls the grade above me. But after reading this it sounds like I would be cut from majority of houses because I don’t know as many people? I definitely could reach out to the few I kinda know if that’s not strange? Is that frowned upon I have no idea so help would be appreciated. People I talk to tell me I will do well during rush because I guess of my personality and looks but that can only get you so far is what I am reading. I don’t care about “top” or “bottom” houses but what I’m worried about it loving a house, or the girls in it and just not even be given a chance due to not knowing many people. If there is a good way to help this problem please let me know!!!

Posted By: Woo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Wps    

It’s not weird at all to reach out to other girls that you kinda know. Just don’t make it weird ya know? Just ask them about their experience at UARK, dorms, or any questions you have and share your excitement about going through recruitment or whatever it may be. You have to use your resources and connections as much as you can. Otherwise you can easily be looked over if no one is vouching for you. Unless you have something that really makes you stand out (in a positive way), along with checking every other box. You’ll probably get a house if you have a high GPA and no rep issues, but no guarantees.

By: Wps
#2  by: Hello   

You must reach out. Period. Just say hi I am going through recruitment at uark and would love any advice you can give me! Also use your mom or teacher ect… to find an alum willing to help. It’s about optimizing YOUR choices during recruitment!
Chi - o you will need an alum supporting you
Kappa - money. If you come from a wealthier area and have even a slight connection you have a chance
Zeta - if very cute and clique with whoever you have night one you have a chance
Pi phi - they use to go for the very smart. Strange pledge class last year so idk
DDD - an alum can get you in the door than you need to clique with the girls during rush
If you have none of the above please do not worry! Soo many great houses at uark and they all have pretty, shy, outgoing, smart, non party girls, party girls ect…. You just need to put in effort to find your clique!

By: Hello
#3  by: Truth   

If you don’t know anyone you probably don’t want one of the above ⬆️houses because if you need connections then that means almost everyone in there already has connections going in and it’s harder (not impossible) to make friends.

There are no bad houses here. There just in state/connection houses and oos/no connection houses.

You’ll be fine! Just be open to all sororities and you’ll find your place!

By: Truth
by: JanelleFeb 6, 2024 9:40:12 PM

Listen to @truth ^^^ she knows what she is talking about

By: Janelle
#4  by: hannah   

Be open to any house, they are all great!

By: hannah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.