facebook

Mask in recruitment?

by: Me

I think we will have recruitment but we will have to wear mask. Ugh that won’t be fun! Thoughts?

Posted By: Me
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: 🤷‍♀️   

That is possible, but would be sooo hard! It is already so hard to hear in the parties & everyone ends up with sore throats & laryngitis from talking so loud all week. If we aren't able to read lips a little or see your smiles, it will be that much harder to make it work.

What other changes would some of the active members suggest to Panhellenic if they asked? (They won't but let's play anyway.....)

My suggestion is porch songs instead of door stacks. Spread out on the house porches to sing your welcome instead of smushing 50 girls in one tiny door.

By: 🤷‍♀️
#2  by: Hmm   

Hmm I think we will have to make parties smaller. That would also make recruitment longer though so idk! Mask would be awful!!!!!!

By: Hmm
#3  by: Oh no   

That would be so awful for all of us. Recruitment is difficult on both sides, I just can’t imagine adding mask to an already exhausting experience. Can you imagine the poor pnm’s standing in 90 degree heat with mask on breathing in their hot breathe?? Standing on their tape six feet apart apart for social distancing? Which ofcourse would be impossible in the house unless they did cut down the size of the parties. I am open to any other ideas except for having to wear a mask! Idk maybe open up other locations on campus that has big open spaces like the food halls, library, ect.... and we all just spread out to not make recruitment last longer than it all ready does. When the girls get narrowed down then they can get the house tour. Sounds ridiculous but no way do I want to wear a mask and I can totally see them requiring us to do so 😭

By: Oh no
#4  by: umm   

or just... postpone recruitment?? there is a great possibly of continuing online classes during the fall anyways. i mean, there is a pandemic going on right now people.. i am obviously the biggest fan of rush week/bid day but there are way more important priorities in our worlds now- like life/death.

By: umm
by: uh yeahApr 27, 2020 11:01:24 PM

thank god you actually have priorities lol I completely agree

By: uh yeah
by: JuniorApr 28, 2020 12:54:19 PM

I think we will return to in person classes in the fall because other colleges are already announcing that they are opening back up. I would love to see recruitment postponed to the spring but highly doubt that will happen for two reasons.... one) recruitment is a grueling process both physically and emotionally here at uark and it would be difficult for all to do that along with classes 2) financially would put a lot of strain on all the houses. Pnm’s put a lot of money into the sororities their first semester and although we often wonder where all our money goes the chapters still rely on a certain amount to keep everything going. As far as wearing mask, I think that is a huge possibility along with social distancing by spreading out the girls around campus. I also think it will suck but we may just have to do it to keep everyone safe.

By: Junior
#5  by: Stop   

PLEASE find something bigger in life to care about than having to wear a mask in recruitment. Yes it’s annoying but it’s not the end of the world. I’d rather us sit 10 feet away wearing a mask than have to all move back home to quarantine AGAIN

By: Stop
by: To STOPMay 4, 2020 5:35:06 PM

There are bigger in things in life to worry about but that doesn’t mean wearing a mask wouldn’t still difficult?? I am quite sure you have complained of SOMETHING during quarantine time that isn’t that big a deal and I am quite sure you knew there were larger things to worry about. People come on here to speculate what may happen with recruitment. You seem to be so heated over this post!

By: To STOP
#6  by: WooHoo   

The Athletic Director today announced the Razorback football team is reporting for practice in July & their first home game will be September 5th.....so looks like we will see y'all in the fall!!

(Recruitment will prob still be different & weird)

By: WooHoo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.