facebook

sp'14

by: rushee

rushing sig ep or sig chi next semester. which one is better? (Nationally, on campus, brotherhood, connections)

Posted By: rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Sigma Chi    

is better nationally. Enormous overall, I think they're tied with SAE for the most initiated members, and are the largest NIC fraternity by undergraduates (Kappa Sig being the largest if you count IFC houses who aren't in the NIC). Their national policy is also just generally better, and they stand by their chapters more than most large fraternities. Sig Ep is enormous nationally too, number two in undergraduates in the NIC if I remember correctly, but their nationals have done a number on their organization. Balanced Man is pretty lame, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 90% of their chapters participate now. They do membership reviews and/or pull charters for like 5 of their top chapters in any given year, and they rival TKE and Pike for making Fail Friday. Sig Ep is still among the stronger national fraternities, but is the sad case of a fraternity that has the alumni, money and infrastructure to be one of the very elite and continue to run their organization into the ground anyway.

By: Sigma Chi
by: ^Sep 20, 2013 10:10:26 PM

Fail Friday is one of the few worthwhile things on that site, it's the only thing I actually look at on there, and I knew I'd get called out for it anyway. The FF thing was really the least relevant piece of information I mentioned, it was just to emphasize how many of their chapters do embarrassing stuff. It's honestly kind of depressing, because Sig Ep should be in the running for the very best chapters in the nation, but because of bad national policy they have taken a nosedive. Based on size and alumni they should be up with SAE, SX and Kappa Sig for the monster fraternities, but due to abysmal policies and rolling over on many of their good non-Balanced Man chapters, they're more comparable to chapters half their size.

By: ^
by: ^^Sep 20, 2013 10:23:41 PM

All that said, they have a great alumni network and should be considered by rushees at any school they're good. I know chapters like ASU, UT, OU, and UCLA are excellent off the top of my head, and those offer the full package (undergraduate experience and networking). Sig Ep is still a top 10 national fraternity by all means, they just don't quite compete at the level they probably could.

By: ^^
#2  by: well   

Both are top tier here. Sigma Chi, like SAE, is top tier at about 90% of the campuses they're on. SigEp used to be good but ever since balanced man they've become garbage nationally. Just go where you want.

By: well
#3  by: both great   

Sigma Chi and Sig E just had great recruitments. Sigma Chi's pledge process is much more demanding than sig ep's though. Sig Ep is a good house as well but too focused on sports. Both hang out with the the hot sororities. Sigma Chi is also bringing Juicy J to their halloween party..

By: both great
#4  by: pledge process   

What makes Sig Chi's pledge process so hard? What does it consist of?

By: pledge process
#5  by: lol   

everybody knows

By: lol
#6  by: ? ^   

?^ explain then

By: ? ^
#7  by: yo   

Sig Ep is more hazing, but Sig chi still has time committment. Sig Ep is harder tho

By: yo
#8  by: yo   

Sig Ep is more hazing, but Sig chi still has time committment. Sig Ep is harder tho

By: yo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.