facebook

This is what Rush is like FOR REAL

by: Molly

I am not going to sugar coat this. A lot of you are going to relate to this and then some of you aren’t. I am a Junior. I rushed as a freshman and dropped and then went back in as a sophomore with an open mind. I am thin and cute. That’s just being honest. But I am also quiet and shy. I did not realize how hard Rush was going to be. The average girl gets asked back to 8 houses after open house. That means you get dropped by 6. Do not expect to get called back to DDD, ASA, APhi, Tri Sig, ZTA,or SK unless you are a legacy and are pretty or somewhat pretty, you know someone in there, were very popular in high school and have an open Instagram they can see that shows you have 1000+ followers and lots of photos from senior year at parties and beach week, etc. this is the honest truth. If you are pretty and outgoing you might get in based on that as well, but if you weren’t very popular in high school and someone you went to high school with is in there and knows that then forget it. Then after round two you’ll get dropped from some of the others. And Yes, girls do get dropped from all but DG. It happens people, more than you think. I dropped out when I was looking at DG and ADPI at pref. I really wanted another sorority. I rushed again sophomore year with a much more open mind and ended up looking at the same sororities, but with a clearer head. Rush is brutal. I know girls in “top” tiers who got dropped from bottom tiers and mid tiers because of attitude. I saw some true ugliness during rush and would never want to be a Rho Gamma because I might smack some girls. Just rush with an open mind. You will not end up in ASA unless you check a lot of boxes! I promise you that.

Posted By: Molly
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Really   

This is actually very true! A lot of girls dropped rush last year because they were staring at DG and didn’t want DG. This is not made up, rush is hard and if you talk to anyone who went through it except for the obvious beautiful people above who are probably not in touch with the reality then this person is stating facts! This is really how Rush is.

By: Really
by: StfuMay 22, 2020 10:32:51 AM

It’s not true and no one ever wants you either ADPI ^

By: Stfu
#12  by: .   

I had a great rush experience! But it was bc my top choice was a middle tier, I got dropped by the top 4 first round but I was ok with that bc I knew I wouldn’t be happy there. I think that if people genuinely love top theirs and fit well they will be called back, it all depends on where you actually fit best.

By: .
#13  by: :)    

some of this is true but most is not, you just have to go into it with an open mind and not be set on a certain sorority or only the top 3. Biggest tip I can give is to be urself and don’t try and put on a front of someone you arent. Most likely if you are completely yourself and not afraid of rejection u will end up where your supposed to. Its scary to be judged by a bunch of girls you don’t know and ranked but just think of it like a regular conversation your having with someone your first meeting! Also keep in mind its completely based on who the sorority pairs you with so if your paired with someone you have nothing in common with or don’t vibe with you might get dropped even though you would have gotten along great with all the other girls in that sorority.

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.