facebook

This is what Rush is like FOR REAL

by: Molly

I am not going to sugar coat this. A lot of you are going to relate to this and then some of you aren’t. I am a Junior. I rushed as a freshman and dropped and then went back in as a sophomore with an open mind. I am thin and cute. That’s just being honest. But I am also quiet and shy. I did not realize how hard Rush was going to be. The average girl gets asked back to 8 houses after open house. That means you get dropped by 6. Do not expect to get called back to DDD, ASA, APhi, Tri Sig, ZTA,or SK unless you are a legacy and are pretty or somewhat pretty, you know someone in there, were very popular in high school and have an open Instagram they can see that shows you have 1000+ followers and lots of photos from senior year at parties and beach week, etc. this is the honest truth. If you are pretty and outgoing you might get in based on that as well, but if you weren’t very popular in high school and someone you went to high school with is in there and knows that then forget it. Then after round two you’ll get dropped from some of the others. And Yes, girls do get dropped from all but DG. It happens people, more than you think. I dropped out when I was looking at DG and ADPI at pref. I really wanted another sorority. I rushed again sophomore year with a much more open mind and ended up looking at the same sororities, but with a clearer head. Rush is brutal. I know girls in “top” tiers who got dropped from bottom tiers and mid tiers because of attitude. I saw some true ugliness during rush and would never want to be a Rho Gamma because I might smack some girls. Just rush with an open mind. You will not end up in ASA unless you check a lot of boxes! I promise you that.

Posted By: Molly
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Lol   

We don’t care of the opinion who only heard from DG and ADPI, you don’t need half those things for all the sororities you listed. I have an instagram with less than a thousand followers and got my top choice.

By: Lol
by: FranklyMay 21, 2020 6:54:29 PM

It’s clear whoever listed this as a personal grudge with the sororities she listed and had to make up fake reasons for getting dropped in order to feel better

By: Frankly
by: Honesty May 22, 2020 10:45:37 AM

Takeaways from this post

-Popular, attractive, and out going girls get good sororities (what do you expect?)
-Lots of girls drop out of rush, when they lose their top choices, because they realize its better in general to be a GDI than in a bottom sorority (what do you expect part 2)
-Girls go into rush wanting the best sororities not ADPI/Gamma Phi (what do you expect part 3)

By: Honesty
#2  by: Baloney   

yes rush is hard, yes you won’t get all the houses you want, no you don’t need to worry about those things (just because you got dropped doesn’t mean those are the reasons why)..How can you even tell who is popular or not through instagram?

By: Baloney
#3  by: Lol   

Can ADPi just get off this site LMAO

by: GeekMay 22, 2020 10:36:22 AM

Adpi thinks spamming posts like this and the “aLl sOroRiTieS aRe gOoD” will make PNMs want to join them

By: Geek
#4  by: x   

The most popular girl at my school got dropped by every single house with 13k followers on Instagram. I rushed as a sophomore and got an sk bid and I by no means was friends with anyone in sk my freshman year and I didn’t go to parties

By: x
#5  by: x   

Some of you girls just go into rush with the idea that you are the best people ever just because you’re pretty and then get dropped when you get dropped by top sororities because you yourselves have a misconception about what Greek life is

By: x
#6  by: lmao   

I rushed as a sophomore and didn't meet some of those "requirements" but I still got my top choice. I also didn't know anyone in the organization I joined. Please whoever is reading this just go through recruitment with an open mind, a lot of these things truly don't matter.

By: lmao
#7  by: .   

this is really scaring me, idk if i want to rush anymore

By: .
#8  by: Lol   

Sounds like a personal problem

#9  by: omg   

this is SUCH bs it’s laughable

By: omg
#10  by: To PNMs   

This is to all PNMs!!!

I just got off the phone with all the Recruitment Chairs (including DG) you’re going to be a GDI for life have fun!!!

By: To PNMs
by: Uh who caresMay 21, 2020 6:56:36 PM

A girl being a GDI makes no difference, it’s actually way better than being in phi sig/adpi/gphi/dg

By: Uh who cares
by: LolMay 22, 2020 10:38:32 AM

It’s 100 percent true ^

Girls in those sororities are stuck with terrible mixers for 4 years, can’t get into good parties, and are generally looked down upon on campus..If you’re good looking and a GDI you can get into any party you want..Not trying to hate just how it is

by: WhatMay 22, 2020 2:12:04 PM

Guys don’t ask girls at the door what sorority they are in!!! It makes absolutely no different if you’re in one or not, you get into a party no matter what. And for the record you can be fun and be in ANY sorority. Guys don’t care. And let’s be even more honest- if we lined up the guys in these frats more than 75% of them are not cute and you ain’t taken home to mama

By: What

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.