facebook

greek life

by: Hey

How popular is Greek life at ucsb? I'm and incoming fresh and wondering if it's one of those schools that Greek life runs the social scene. To be involved do you have to be in a sorority or frat? Is the party scene mostly frat parties? Does being in a top house really matter here? Thanks!

Posted By: Hey
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: exchange student   

Hey I'm in the same boat here, wondering what is the point in joining a frat? Also like how much do they cost and how do you know which frat to try out?

By: exchange student
by: Ucsb Jan 20, 2017 12:23:17 PM

People who are in a sorority or frat think that that's all there is to life. Greek life is 12% of the student body (I believe) at ucsb which is actually pretty low. As a girl, I have had NO problem making friends, being social, and having a ton of fun at parties without being in a sorority. So no, you don't need to be in a sorority or frat to have fun. I know for a lot of my friends that went to schools in the south and some at SDSU and they say that social life is pretty nonexistent unless you're involved in Greek life. Hope this helps. Ps you don't "try out" a frat, you have to rush ALL the houses and day by day you will be invited back by some and not by others and by the end of the week hopefully you have a bid from a frat you wanted to be in.

By: Ucsb
by: K Jan 21, 2017 12:18:22 PM

I'm in a frat here and I guess it's somewhat right that you get your social life to revolve around Greek life. But that being said I've gotten to know so many more people that I would have without it and it made a huge impact on my college experience and I love it

By: K

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.