facebook

pros and cons

by: Sorority

What are the pros and cons of kappa and aphi? Those are my top choices right now but I'm not sure which is a better fit for me.

Posted By: Sorority
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Up to u   

Get to know the girls and try to make connections before you decide. Aphi is the top sorority right now but their sisterhood is weaker than kappa's. Aphi girls are sweet but they all have type A personality and are too self-centered to be supportive of each other. Kappa is not quite there yet. They are still behind both aphi and phi mu but they are on the rise. Girls are the same in every sorority and Kappa has its share of b... girls. Another thing - there is no guarantee that you'll get into Ahi. Last year almost every girl who rushed was trying to get into Aphi. They are very selective now. Kappa has a lot of potential and has better sisterhood but... Consider Phi Mu. Phi Mu is more popular than Kappa. Some guys still consider Phi Mu the hottest sorority, although a lot of people dislike them. Therefore, your decision should be based on personal connections and friendship other than pros and cons.

By: Up to u
by: Phi mu senior Oct 30, 2014 8:50:13 AM

While this post is pretty spot on with aphi I implore you to not go for phi mu. As a senior I'm counting down the days to when I no longer have to deal with the girls I call my "sisters". Phi mu is going down and going fast so unless you really have your heart set on them kappa is the best choice. In 4 years kappa will be even better than it already is.

By: Phi mu senior
#2  by: hi!   

Honestly, in terms of the type of girls in Kappa and APhi, they're pretty similar. They both have their mix of cute girls who like to have fun. Go to the events, meet the girls, and decide from there. Although, don't forget that it IS mutual selection, so you may not get your "top" choice. You have to have something to stand out. Good luck.

By: hi!
#3  by: GDI   

I've heard that although Alpha Phi is peaking Kappa is rising and could peak maybe in your senior year. Both are going to be the top two sororities during the next four years at Hopkins so they are great choices. I wish I had rushed as a freshman.

By: GDI
#4  by: Guys pov   

Just from a guys perspective. Aphi is hot and kappas sophomore class is on par with them. Phi mus juniors and seniors are leagues ahead of their sophomores. Phi mu can only hang on to their old rep for so long so kappa is your bear choice after aphi

By: Guys pov
#5  by: Another guy   

I've seen some cute juniors in Kappa but I can't think of any hot sophomores. Sorry. Give me examples....

By: Another guy
by: reallyOct 30, 2014 8:57:02 PM

please don't turn this thread into a name thing. looks are all based off of personal taste so naming girls won't help.
bottom line is that both kappa and aphi have hot sophomores.

By: really
#6  by: but everyone knows   

aphi > kappa

...for now

By: but everyone knows
#7  by: truth    

basically your first choice should be aphi and the second best is kappa and if worst comes to worst and you get rejected from both you'll most likely get into phi mu.

By: truth
#8  by: hardchoice   

aphi and kappa are the top two on campus, so try for either one. worst case youll get phi mu or pi phi, but just find what fits for you.

By: hardchoice
by: lolNov 6, 2014 4:36:17 PM

wtf? nobody actually believes nonsense like this, u can say it but that doesnt make it true

By: lol
by: @lolNov 6, 2014 4:41:46 PM

if no one actually believes it, then why do you feel the need to comment?

By: @lol
#9  by: ummm   

is this for real? speaking as a fraternity brother, you can tell how good a sorority is by the number of mixers they have and who they mix with. phi mu and aphi both mix with mostly everybody, kappa is a distant second, and pi phi and theta while they have nice girls they are pretty much irrelevant socially. it goes like this

1. phi mu - by a little
2. aphi
3. kappa
4. pi phi
5. theta

By: ummm
by: @ummmNov 6, 2014 6:13:54 PM

^^^It was true at the beginning of last year but not now. You either date phi mu or you r oblivious to an opinion of majority

By: @ummm
by: @ummmNov 6, 2014 6:20:58 PM

Phi mu doesn't even show up to mixer we have with them and since they tend to only mix with pike and sae and both are pretty much gone it doesn't even matter now. At least aphi and kappa show up

By: @ummm
#10  by: with ummm   

As a sophomore boy I agree with ummmm. Phi Mu is still the top, most desired sorority, followed pretty closely by Aphi, and pretty distantly by Kappa. Everyone is saying how hot the sophomore Kappa class is but I actually don't know any of them....

One downside of Aphi that I've noticed is that it is VERY divided, with there being 3 distinct groups: 1 of very cool and outgoing girls, 1 of athletes who only hang out with other athletes, and 1 of random throw ins. It definitely seems like Aphi is becoming the hot athlete sorority whereas Phi Mu is the hot non-athlete sorority, and Kappa pretty much gets the leftovers.

By: with ummm
by: Just sayingNov 6, 2014 9:11:12 PM

If you are a guy, you can't know which sorority is most desired (last year it was Aphi, just saying).You can like phi mu girls better, it is always a matter of taste and personal experiences. All big sororities have subgroups and cliques. If you are a SAE sophomore ( which is very likely), than your support of phi mu is understandable.

By: Just saying

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.