facebook

Plz explain IX???

by: jhuhi

can someone please explain what IX is before recruitment starts? I keep seeing it on the forums but I don't understand what it is and how it is different from the normal greek ones

Posted By: jhuhi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Anon   

ok so. I’m pretty sure it’s the same as a normal sorority except more secretive and stuff. Idk if they already have a pledge class because rumor has it they rushed in the fall. Some people say their pledging process sucks but who knows

By: Anon
by: SaltyJan 10, 2021 11:08:59 AM

Ix is the girls who r not annoying as hell always posting about their sorority and flaunting it around campus

By: Salty
by: StupifydsJan 19, 2021 7:21:34 PM

I thought ix was cancelled already lol...

By: Stupifyds
#2  by: Jhuyup   

IX is just a bunch of girls who think they’re too cool for regular panhel sororities and act like they’re better than everyone else! Oh and they only ever wear black. Culty and weird.

By: Jhuyup
by: close!Jan 6, 2021 2:34:13 PM

actually they wear no black during hazing! (oh yeah they haze btw but no panhel sorority does/is allowed to) but then after that they always wear black ~ spooky ~ lmfao

By: close!
#3  by: blank   

did IX even take a PC this semester?

By: blank
#4  by: jhubxtch   

hi non affiliated hopkins student here, ive met some girls in ix and theyre actually nice, idk that stuff isnt for me though but i'd try it out at least to see and its not a big deal a lot of people dont do sororities/societies

By: jhubxtch
#5  by: ertyuygfghjk   

highly selective, but they are fun, no bs kind of girls

By: ertyuygfghjk
#6  by: 2345678765434567   

nobody was even her in the spring or summer tf are you saying, i get if you dont like IX i dont even like sorority/society life but let's be honest

By: 2345678765434567
#7  by: Lol   

Why don’t you sorority girls worry about your own recruitment rather than bringing other women down, seems pretty counterintuitive to the Panhellenic message. It’s catty behavior that does nothing except make you all look petty

By: Lol
by: LolJan 21, 2021 4:23:07 PM

They ain't even in panhell. Lmao

By: Lol
#8  by: Chica    

They’re cool if ur hot and mean

By: Chica
by: GejsjssksJan 29, 2021 9:34:05 PM

Take out the hot

By: Gejsjssks
by: tyikmcxcJan 30, 2021 2:52:20 PM

nah, they’re hot

By: tyikmcxc
#9  by: senior   

They’re the type that wish they were popular in high school. No ones actually hot but they try to act it. They already rushed

By: senior
#10  by: so   

Well my take on this is a little bit late for anyone going through panhel recruitment but as someone who went to a few ix events back in my day before deciding its not for me, its kind of like this: do you remember in middle school when to be cool you had to be all like "I dont like pink! I'm not into make up!! I'm not like those other girls!!" Well, IX is basically that-- "We're not like other sororities, we're cool and low key" and for some people that might be appealing. But they ARE fundamentally just like other sororities, really. So it kind of just felt like a superiority complex where you needed to act 'cool' and couldn't take pham stack photos because that is 'uncool' and 'basic' (meanwhile they take pham photos all the same, just not in the 'sorority stack' pose!) IDK it just felt weird to try to SO hard to act like you're not a sorority and you're somehow different and better because you dont do the 'typical sorority' stuff, when in fact you ARE in a sorority! Like I want to be enthusiastically engaged with the group I join, and it felt like I needed to affect an aloof air to meet the aesthetic of IX and that just wasn't it for me

By: so
by: ????Jan 31, 2021 10:39:24 PM

uhh lmao i'm in a greek srat but u do realize by hating on ix ur the one saying that ur "not like other girls"? just let women like the people they like and take pics the way they wanna take pics it's rly not that deep...

By: ????
by: @????Feb 1, 2021 8:27:28 AM

look, I'm not saying that they cant do that or that they shouldn't. I literally said that could be what some people want but it just wasnt for me. I agree, let everyone do what they want. For me, I didn't feel like i had the option to do whatever I wanted when i was with ix girls at the recruitment events, because I felt like i needed to act a certain way, and that wasn't what I wanted in a sorority. I'm not trying to bash on them but OP asked what their deal is, and thats just how I felt when i was going through their recruitment

By: @????

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.