facebook

Greek Life Numbers…why are they so low?

by: CuriousCaty

Member numbers are so low. My friend told me they used to have over 80 people in their chapter. Why aren’t more people joining? Overall enrollment isn’t garbage. Greek life is for real dying EIU If nothing changes ….

Suggestions ?

Posted By: CuriousCaty
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Eiu   

Greek life needs to become more exclusive . Frats are the only ones that throw decent parties, if you had to be in Greek life to get in then more people would join but they don’t because they know they can be geeds all four years and still get the Greek life experience

By: Eiu
#2  by: EIU 1234   

There are two main reasons why EIU's greek life engagement is dropping.

1) SP20. The biggest fraternities on campus in SP20 all either had active members drop or drop out of school entirely, and people that had interest decided to change their mind or dropped out of school. This led to those fraternities that thought they were going to start at FA20 with 28-22 members drop down to 12-18 members. As you can imagine this gave those houses anxiety

For sororities, the enrollment drop is the main cause for the decline in interest.

2) Enrollment drop. You may have heard an alumni say man I wish it was like 2016 again. Well, 2016 was the last year the campus had nearly 6k undergrad that were not HSDC. Once 2018 hit the enrollment dropped to around 4500 or under every single year. You have 1500-2000 less people to recruit on campus now.

So when you combine both of these reasons you have new members already trying to gain some momentum from the enrollment drop to now having to work extra hard with active members dropping or leaving the campus. The good news is there was light at the end of tunnel in SP20. You did have multiple houses that were about to hit the mid to upper 30s in that FA 20. It might just take some time again.

By: EIU 1234

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.