facebook

rushing in the fall... told not to go pi phi?

by: Sher

I'll be a sophomore this fall (transferring from PSU), & plan on rushing. My older brother's gf was a Pi Phi a few years ago, & told me NOT to go there. She said they made her feel like a show pony - she is really pretty & was already friends with a lot of frat guys, & the girls were always pushing her to go to certain frats & do sweetheart interviews, when she really didn't want to.
She received a bid from DG also, but turned it down bc the hazing rumors scared her off, & has always regretted it. BUT, she also pointed out that she's been gone a few years & things could have changed. (tho I see PiPhi getting super bashed on here...)

Basically, I'm just wondering what sororities are good, & what rumors are true? I see a lot of conflicting infor & I'd just like to have an idea when I go into rush next semester

Posted By: Sher
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: CurrentStudent   

All of the sororities at WVU are good and rumors are just that, rumors. That being said, the best advice I can give you is go through rush and choose the houses that are best for YOU. Nobody else, just you. Listening to tent talk is probably the worst thing you can do. When I went through, I heard a lot of rumors about DG and I was hesitant to go to their house. I went anyways and I LOVED them. Some of my best friends are in DG and the rumors are false. You're not likely going to get credible information on this site, since it is all opinion, but GreekChat is a wonderful website that helped me with advice during rush last year. Ultimately "tiers" don't matter. It's best to go into rush with an open mind. I know soooo many girls who only wanted the "top" houses and guess what happened? They either dropped out of recruitment or ended up bidless on bid day because they didn't get invited back to their first choice. I didn't get my first choice, but I did get a bid to another house and now I LOVE my house and my sisters mean so much to me! Recruitment works best for the open minded girls who maximize their options. Don't worry about rushing for only the "good" sororities cause they are all good if you want a real sisterhood. If you're rushing because you want to join a "top" sorority that will give you access to all of the frat parties, then you are in it for the wrong reasons. That being said, good luck with rush this fall and I look forward to meeting all of you PNMs! =)

By: CurrentStudent
#2  by: CurrentStudent   

I should also add in that I'm not in Pi Phi, but I have friends in there, and while your brother's gf had a bad experience as a member, you should still visit them with an open mind because you might have a completely different experience with them. Take the comments about them on here with a grain of salt. They might not be the "top" house or the most social, but they really do have some total sweethearts in there. My cousin visited them during informal recruitment and she said that they did a really nice job at making her feel at home, though she decided to quit informal and rush in the fall. I have no idea when your brother's gf graduated, but I can assure you that things change, as they do every year. Like I said before, keep an open mind and you will have a successful, and fun, rush.

By: CurrentStudent

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.