facebook

did i choose the wrong sorority

by: Maybe a KD

just got a bid from KD but the girls I’ve been around just seem mean and not involved or outgoing. They just seem like they all have their own friend groups and don’t care about making the nms comfortable or welcomed, just seem fake and mean and only wanna party. Did i choose the wrong sorority

Posted By: Maybe a KD
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truf   

If you're already having serious doubts like this 24 hours after bid day, then your heart and mind is not in the right place. A sorority is supposed to be a place where you feel a genuine sisterhood and welcome. I know several of my friends were disappointed yesterday when they opened their envelopes and only saw one bid from a house they didn't want to pledge. All of them stood there for a minute taking it in. Some eventually relented and went over and got their "golden tickets" and some just walked over, politely told them they didn't want to accept their bid, and went home despondent. If you didn't get the house you wanted, it wasn't because you did anything wrong. Recruiting is always a numbers game and while sororities wish they could take more girls, unfortunately, they have quotas and caps and sometimes it just doesn't work out. It's never personal, usually it's just business and some people are going to be unhappy no matter what.

The real question you should be asking yourself isn't whether KD is a good fit for you, but rather is Greek Life a good fit for you in general? Sororities aren't magically and don't solve a lot of things that people are looking for. Sometimes, belonging to a student organization can be a more rewarding experience or just being with the family and friends you have now can make you more happier. Trying with COB in the Spring or rushing next fall and getting a different house may not make you any happier than you are right now. So to answer your question, it's not so much about choosing the "right" sorority, but rather should you even be in one in the first place? I'd step back, reevaluate your outlook and feelings, and then make a decision as to whether to proceed or not. Personally, I wouldn't put too much thought into a sorority after having only pledged it 24 hours earlier. I'd give it a month and if you're still feeling the same way, then I'd drop and do something else that'll make me happier. Just remember, there aren't any "bad" sororities at South so chances are, you'd probably feel the same way you do in KD right now even if you were in a sorority like Phi Mu or Chi O. And also remember, if you're feeling like this, you can always talk to your Membership or Member Education chair and they can give you a lot of good advice. Good luck pledge!

By: Truf

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.