facebook

recruitment fall 2016?

by: Question

If I have been through recruitment twice (fall 2015, spring 2016) and not gotten a chapter that I wanted, what are the chances that I would be accepted in the upcoming fall?

Posted By: Question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: TRUTH PREACH   

You can always try again, but this time enter with a more open mind. Most girls who are not placed are because they want a "top house" and refuse to acknowledge other great houses that might be better fits.

By: TRUTH PREACH
#2  by: Also   

What year are you? If you're a freshman or sophomore, you definitely still could have a good chance. But also keep in mind to what the above point said- keep a way more open mind if you do decide to go through recruitment.

By: Also
#3  by: Yeah   

I can tell you pretty confidently that if you go through again in the fall there is a strong chance you will receive a bid, however it would be to Tri-Sigma, DPhiE, Sigma Kappa, or Chi Omega. The chances of you getting a bid somewhere else are extremely limited. That's what people mean when they tell you to keep an open mind. Anyone who tells you that you have a decent chance of getting a bid to a different chapter is unrealistic.

By: Yeah
#4  by: well   

what chapters did you specifically try to get a bid from? if you don't feel comfortable sharing thats okay, but it depends on what chapter you went to tbh.

By: well
#5  by: OG   

I liked SDT, KKG, and AEPhi a lot. I thought I had good conversations with them all and made it to the second night for all three. I liked DZ too but they dropped me after the first night.

By: OG
by: OGFeb 11, 2016 9:44:25 PM

(Fall 2015 recruitment)^^^

By: OG
#6  by: Hi   

You honestly have to go through with an open mind. If you keep trying and trying for a specific chapter, maybe take the hint that it just isn't going to happen for them. If you're only going through to be in one sorority though, you won't be happy ending up elsewhere and may resent it. So either open up your mind or stop trying.

By: Hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.