facebook

who to rush

by: International Dyon

Honestly whats the difference, all fraternities are the same no? Whats seperates bottom three(ranking) from being top three(ranking)..for example I see Beta Chi Theta is last, why is this and why cant they be like Sigma Phi Epilson?

Posted By: International Dyon
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Notageed   

Rankings on this site are bs, don't take them to heart.

By: Notageed
#2  by: frat   

well some of the current 'bottom tier' frats are new frats and haven't really developed an image on campus yet. Its usual for new chapters of greek life (both frats and sororities) to have a rocky start because they have a quota of members to fill and can't exactly be super selective yet.
Kappa Sigma and Sig Ep (which are considered 'top tier') have been around campus for quite a few years and are very established. Therefore, they can afford to be selective and only take like 15 guys per pledge class while many more than that (something like 40?) rush. They tend to take more typical frat boys.
GRANTED, the rankings on this site are constantly changing. Just because ZBT (which is 2 years old) is considered 'bottom tier' now doesn't mean that won't change within the next few years as they become more established within the FSL community and become more selective to their unique idea of the perfect candidate. Each frat has a different kind of guy that they're looking for! This doesn't mean ANY of them are terrible or wonderful. All just different in their own way. Beta is the engineering frat, if that gives you an idea.

By: frat
by: closeAug 6, 2015 7:35:38 PM

Beta (full name- Beta Theta Pi) isn't the engineering frat, that would be BGE (Beta Gamma Epsilon). They're completely different fraternities.

By: close
by: International DyonAug 11, 2015 1:01:19 PM

My biggest concern is not being considered "frat material" since i come from an international non white background..i have heard of MGC frats, in particular Sigma Beta Rho, Beta Chi, and Lambda Phi. How are they different from other fraternities and what would you say about these orgs within MGC..anything good or should I stick with IFC?

By: International Dyon
by: relaxAug 11, 2015 5:25:39 PM

you're overthinking this. if you fit in with the guys of a particular IFC org, then you'll be given a bid. Being of non-white international background is irrelevant. If you don't fit in with them and you do more so with MGC, you're better off there.

By: relax
by: to_dyonAug 12, 2015 6:21:22 PM

IFC has probably the same percentage of international kids as MGC. It's your own choice. It's all about fit . You can fit in with both an IFC and MGC org, but its up to you which you wanna join.

By: to_dyon

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.