facebook

Rushing as a Third Year

by: a

I’m going into my third year at neu and somewhat thinking about rushing. I would love to be more involved/ meet more people on campus. Will sororities seriously consider me as a third year?

Posted By: a
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hmm   

I’m going to be honest with you and say that rushing as a third year may put you at a disadvantage as sororities usually try to have a near-even number of girls in each year, so most houses will prioritize first years. A sorority that may be struggling to meet a membership quota (usually the houses considered bottom tier by this website) are likely to be more open. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t rush, but really think about why you want to be in a srat. Are you actually seeking a sisterhood, or are you just hoping to get a top house? Just being honest with you as someone who struggled as a second year in formal rush and as someone who really understands the system.

By: hmm
#2  by: Do it!!!   

I rushed as a third year and was totally accepted by my PC/ during all of rush. I always met with my top houses/ max parties, so it’s def possible!! Just be yourself and talk about what motivated you to rush later in college. a lot o chapters have a few third years in their pc!

By: Do it!!!
#3  by: L   

to my knowledge only bottom tiers consider third years and even then its pretty rare to get a bid as a third year

By: L
#4  by: Me   

Prolly not

By: Me

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.