facebook

do some sororities party more than others?

by: curious

ok just wanna real talk for a second, which sororities are known for hosting/being a part of fun "social" events? philanthropy is something very important to me and all the sororities I'm rushing seem to be into that which is great, but another reason why I'm rushing is for the improved social life and I hope that's ok to admit. I really like everyone I ranked for next weekend and so far could see myself in any of them. I know obviously a 'top' sorority like sdt parties and I have them ranked but I really liked the others as well and I'm looking for a nice balance (I promise I don't only care about partying but you can't ask these questions in rush)

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes   

In every sorority there are girls who go out and party. The more "top" sororities generally have more social events and social scene in general. Generally, SDT DZ KKG AEPhi and KD probably go to/have the most social events. Please go where you like the best and fit in though!!!

By: yes
#2  by: Real talk   

it all depends on which sororities you did rank even though the persona above is right about sororities all having people who do go out. Who did you put down for next week?

By: Real talk
#3  by: curious   

I have dz, sdt, kkg, and aephi. I definitely felt more at ease at kkg and aephi and those are my top 2 for right now. every one had awesome girls and I really liked kkg's philanthropy it's just nice to have a better perspective of what things will be like

By: curious
by: Yeah, okaySep 19, 2016 2:55:38 PM

I find it highly unlikely that the four chapters you ranked this past weekend just coincidentally happen to be the four chapters widely regarded as "top" on GR.

By: Yeah, okay
by: why notSep 19, 2016 3:36:44 PM

I highly doubt that any of those chapters would be dumb enough to come onto GR and blatantly compliment themselves during recruitment. Maybe the PNM actually just liked these chapters? Maybe people in general do just like these chapters??

By: why not
by: lolSep 19, 2016 7:45:09 PM

wonder what chapter you're in? Clearly many people like what sdt and dz have to offer because they consistently recruit the highest number of girls (along with other chapters as well, of course). i would also argue those chapters have some of the best reputations on campus. Why don't you either answer the original question without being rude or just move on to a different post? There's no reason to spread such direct, subjective, and disrespectful hate about girls you probably don't know very well at all.

By: lol
by: @ yeah okaySep 19, 2016 7:53:37 PM

It's almost like those chapters are the top because people like them or something...

By: @ yeah okay
by: ughSep 27, 2016 9:06:36 AM

replying to "lol" you clearly know nothing about recruitment if you think that taking the highest number of girls is a sign of a strong recruitment. Tri-Sigma takes one of if not THE biggest pledge classes every year because they're forced to

By: ugh
#4  by: curious   

idk what to tell you those are the 4 I have ranked hahah that doesn't mean they're all gonna ask me back

#5  by: curious   

I liked them all though I was just looking for a perspective I'm not gonna get during rush

#6  by: anon   

Please don't let social stigma affect your choice of sorority. As a woman in greek life and an older one at that I have friends in every single chapter that go out and have fun together. There is opportunity for social growth and going out everywhere- which chapter you are a part of won't change that. Also as a woman in one of the chapters bashed above it makes me horrifically sad that we feel the need to tear each other down during recruitment. The fact that people think that there's nothing we offer the community is heartbreaking to a chapter that has honestly tried its ultimate best to make a lasting impact on our local philanthropy and to foster friendship in the greek community. I hope you guys can try to feel a little more panhel love... I love every single one of my sisters for who they are as individuals - hopefully this year you'll maybe get to know the women of the chapters you tore down instead of just gossiping on GR on who you assume us to be.

By: anon
#7  by: PanhelLuv   

SDT and AEPHI have the most active social life with the top frats and fewest rules. Kkg dz and kd are also all active but are limited because of their strict rules kkg and kd especially.

By: PanhelLuv
by: AEPHISep 27, 2016 12:17:58 AM

Aephi back at it again with the self ranks.... shocker right there.

By: AEPHI
by: ughSep 28, 2016 8:35:10 AM

^ do you really think sorority girls are dumb enough to self rank themselves on a meaningless website? chances are its another chapter trying to make another look bad and acting petty af.

By: ugh
by: yeahSep 28, 2016 10:52:40 PM

yeah I do... it literally happens all the time that people self rank. it also happens that people do try to sabotage other sororities, but on the whole its mainly people trying to up chapter rank. Honestly a lot of PNMs go on this site before/during recruitment, so chapters do self rank, and AEPhi has absolutely been doing it recently.

By: yeah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.