facebook

rushing

by: First year

So im thinking about rushing next year but I’m slightly nervous about the whole process. I have a few favorites but what happens if I don’t get a bid in one of them. Is it worth it to stay in if one of the other or lower tier sororities wants to give me a bid. Don’t mean to be rude but I’ve heard it can be “social suicide”. I know I should keep an open mind but what if it’s not the right fit?

Posted By: First year
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Lol   

nah it's worse being in a bottom tier sorority than benign a gdi. and you can always rush again the following year but you can't if you accept a bid and initiate

By: Lol
#2  by: gburg   

If you truly want to be in a sorority, then don’t drop recruitment. Being a gdi is worse than being in a bottom tier sorority. You still get mixers and a sisterhood even if you’re in a bottom tier sorority. Recruitment works so everyone finds their place. So if you don’t get a bid from your top sorority, that means you weren’t supposed to be there in the first place. If you drop and rush again the next year, sororities aren’t going to want to take you.

By: gburg
#3  by: dr.phil   

Its better to be in a sorority that wants you then in one that doesn't. It's better to be a gdi then to be in a sorority that you don't want even if they want you. It's a mutual selection process but if the connection isn't there in either direction then dont force it.

By: dr.phil
#4  by: sister   

I would recommend being a gdi over taking a bid to a sorority you don’t want to be in. This school is small. You’re not gonna have a great time being in a sorority that you feel isn’t the right fit, is bottom tier, or you don’t know anyone in. You’re a girl, you’ll still be able to go out. Being in a sorority isn’t life or death and I personally would never pay dues and spend so much time and energy for a sorority that wasn’t a perfect fit. Seriously being a gdi is not the end of the world. You also can always rush again next year. Just my opinion.

By: sister

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.