facebook

sorority rush process

by: freshman

I am a freshman interested in rushing next year. What should I know about the rush process and the sororities?

Posted By: freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: freshman   

Thanks so much for your responses! What about informal rush in the spring?

By: freshman
#2  by: Senior   

Informal rush is seen as a prep for real rush. The new members are learning what rush process is like and what to expect (as are you). It much more relaxed and kinda all of the place because its practice. But this is the best time to set up coffee dates (ACTUALLY DO THIS!) and get to know the sisters. Besides attending the events, this is one of the best times to get to know many people and what philanthropies you could be supporting. Don't be afraid to ask about hard questions such as dues (cause let's admit it, sororities can be expensive and you deserve to know what each sorority financially could cost).
So take aways...
1) ASK FOR COFFEE/LUNCH/DINNER/ whatnot dates (THESE ARE VERY IMPORTANT). It might seem awkward, but trust me its on both sides.
2)its very chill, be yourself because it makes everything easier (think of it as you are getting to know future classmates because most likely one of these people will be in a class/club/event with you later on)
3)it will feel long, but please try to keep the energy and spirits high (Us Greeks will have been through hours of prep before you arrive as well)
4) HAVE FUN WITH IT!
5) leave the high heels and heavy at home...your feet will die and if its hot your face will melt and there's not really any time for makeup checks (go with a more natural look)

By: Senior
by: freshmanJan 16, 2017 5:37:49 PM

Thank you so much!!

By: freshman

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.