facebook

how does rush work

by: Winter rush

Does real rush matter or do houses already know who they will take before it begins? do houses rush differently?

Posted By: Winter rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: rush   

nope! No house knows who they are taking yet which is a great thing because it allows girls who might not have met any active members to make their mark and have an awesome rush!!

By: rush
#2  by: No   

^^ that’s false

By: No
by: YesDec 18, 2019 4:20:57 PM

if you are actually in a sorority you know that no house is allowed to have a list of girls they want to take before formal recruitment. Also if you are older than a sophomore you know that no one knows who will end up in the house before formal recruitment because it all depends on who you talk to during rounds. Formal recruitment matters way more than anything that happens first semester which is a good thing!

By: Yes
by: htDec 18, 2019 11:21:59 PM

kappa and theta already have their classes already

By: ht
#3  by: Lolol   

Definitely not true lmao. Office of Greek Life has literally encouraged active members to go on lunch dates with PNMs in the fall. The rush chairs know exactly who you are (or, if they don’t, you’re out of luck if you don’t make a strong impression day 1). It’s not personal or trying to be mean - it’s just that if we have a cutoff and the choice is between someone I’ve met and someone I haven’t, I know who I’m advocating for.

By: Lolol
#4  by: tbh   

at this point every chapter (I’m pretty sure) has some form of list. that doesn’t mean if you’re not on a list you’ll get dropped from recruitment or from that specific house. members meet a lot of pnms the fall semester and might like them and send in their name to their recruitment team so people will know about them before recruitment. for certain chapters there’s more of a set list before recruitment and for others it’s more of a list of girls they like and might want to take. it really depends because obviously every chapter could love a girl and have her on a list but she won’t go back everywhere so the list changes, but usually less so for the chapters that more ppl want. so a list for some places might mean “they’ll probably join our house” and for others “we may want her look out for her during recruitment”. either way formal recruitment does matter bc lists can always change and again - for most chapters there’s not already a set list of everyone they’re taking (and being on any form of list doesn’t mean that you’ll know about it).

By: tbh
by: wut Dec 21, 2019 11:52:41 AM

“lists” Are straight up not allowed by OGL and no sorority advisor would allow their girls to make any kind of list for this reason

By: wut
#5  by: Ur all so wrong   

Speaking as a member of a house that people here claim to have “a set list” that literally couldn’t be further from the truth and is pure conjecture / toxic rumor. Each house does recruitment differently, but I know for certain that most place the most emphasis on during formal recruitment. Meeting PNMs before then is a way to make freshmen feel more comfortable during the formal process so that they have familiar faces, and so that they can understand what the vibe of each house is before a superficial 15 minute round. Every year every house has girls people know from home that they hope join their sorority, but that is in no way a list. Additionally, every year every house takes girls in the PC that no one knew before formal rounds and who really stood out as a good fit. Any other sentiment is absolutely false and a way to demonize other houses / women. We go to Vanderbilt, I know you are all intelligent and empowered women, stop spreading rumors about each other and grow up.

By: Ur all so wrong

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.