facebook

Continuous Open Bidding

by: Curious

Are any sororities planning on doing COB in the spring? How do you know if there are spots?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 3
#11  by: Thx   

Bruh someone just answer the question. What chapters are doing COB?

By: Thx
by: Not sureDec 17, 2020 11:00:00 AM

We probably won’t know until we get back to campus because there will probably be people who leave greek life over break. As of now DZ I think is the only one 100% confirmed to COB. But don’t hesitate to reach out to recruitment chairs that you’re interested. I know girls who got into sororities by being blunt saying they were interested in meeting their sisters if they were still recruiting.

By: Not sure
by: ThanksDec 17, 2020 5:18:10 PM

How do your reach out to the chairs/know who they are?

By: Thanks
by: NpDec 17, 2020 8:56:59 PM

Usually on the instagrams of the sorority they post who their exec board is in either their highlights or in posts!!

By: Np
#12  by: also   

seniors may graduate a semester early too

By: also
#13  by: ?   

Is now too early to reach out to recruitment chairs? Or should we wait until like mid January/ closer to the semester starting?

By: ?
by: WaitDec 28, 2020 1:15:21 PM

You should wait for two reasons. First maybe some girls will choose to not come back or like someone in another post brought up will graduate early. Second if school is going to limit parties and have no formals yet again next semester it would be less desirable to join.

By: Wait
#14  by: Ugh   

Anyone else way too stressed about this

By: Ugh
#15  by: Help   

Anyone have any updates on this?

By: Help
by: GuestJan 4, 2021 6:05:50 PM

chapters wolnt know until the semester starts

By: Guest
by: InformationJan 6, 2021 11:37:56 AM

National organizations are involved in this decision based on numbers.
I would not count on getting bids in the spring.

By: Information
by: HopefulJan 6, 2021 3:16:14 PM

Lets just hope for spots and nationals approval

By: Hopeful
#16  by: COB Info   

COB can happen technically at any point in the semester, but it is based on numbers and nationals. So unfortunately I would not recommend relying on it. As far as juniors rerushing in the fall goes, I have definitely seen success with this in some sororities such as ADPi and DG. But I also know that some sororities nationally do not allow for pnms who were dropped by the sorority in a previous year to receive a bid. This means that these sororities can not accept juniors who are rerushing. I know that being in this position is not ideal, but my recommendation would be not to stress out so much, as worrying and stressing doesn’t accomplish anything.

By: COB Info
by: CuriousJan 9, 2021 1:31:53 PM

what chapters at bucknell don’t give bids to those rerushing?

By: Curious
#17  by: lmk   

Anyone have any updates on what chapters are doing COB?

By: lmk
by: i think soJan 19, 2021 2:46:01 PM

Tk3??

By: i think so
by: pleaseJan 19, 2021 6:58:20 PM

if anyone has any information anything helps!

By: please
by: wellFeb 3, 2021 5:14:50 PM

well we know DZ isn't one anymore lol they're gone

By: well
#18  by: Cob advice   

There is a form on Panhellenic Instagram with a form to fill out for COB

By: Cob advice
#19  by: Cob   

Insider info: this year the process will be more transparent and fair, this year there will be real change in the COB process for the better

By: Cob
by: CobJan 26, 2021 9:57:06 PM

More spots?

By: Cob
by: ddkekensiiemwkakJan 26, 2021 10:12:21 PM

what do you mean by “fair?”

By: ddkekensiiemwkak
#20  by: idk   

what can I do to maximize my chances of getting into a sorority during COB this semester

By: idk
by: FactsJan 28, 2021 1:55:13 PM

Make sure you live out loud, go against the status quo, challenge authority, speak out, and try to subvert the dominant paradigm. Sororities love that sh--t.

By: Facts
by: More factsJan 28, 2021 3:02:18 PM

Also, dye your hair bright purple.

By: More facts
by: AdviceFeb 1, 2021 2:54:26 PM

There’s 4 sororities doing COB, reach out to all of them. COB is typically a little more tough because of a lot of chapters girls who are good friends with girls already in the chapter have a way better chance. Give every sorority a chance and be yourself

By: Advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.