facebook

transfer

by: jw

How many transferred last semester because they didn't get in to a sorority?

Posted By: jw
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: kk   

Does it really matter?

By: kk
by: wuttJan 15, 2019 2:27:54 PM

Yup, it matters. Would you like to be one of the people who transfer just because of greek life ?

By: wutt
by: NoJan 15, 2019 2:48:57 PM

Didn’t mean it like that. I think it’s terrible so why talk about it and give more power to the Greeks.

By: No
#2  by: jw   

I know of two girls. Any one else hear anything?

By: jw
#3  by: lostinspace   

In the grand scheme of things, this really isn't a big deal. While it may seem like it at the moment, sorority life is nothing to write home about, if you get my drift. You cannot put girls together randomly and make them friends. There will always be cliques within cliques here. There are internal issues amongst personalities. Someone that you couldn't stand freshman year is now your "sister"--what is up with that??? Yeah, you can fake your friendships and make it look good, but ultimately that fails. Getting into a sorority has nothing to do with looks, sorry to those who believe otherwise. It has more to do with legacy and connections than anything else. Please don't believe that transferring is the answer, it isn't. Give it time, you will find there are a lot of girls that are really nice. Regardless of where you end up, believe in yourself. Promote kindness and be humble. There are definitely some pretty rough sisters, ignore them, they are in the minority!!

By: lostinspace
by: jwJan 17, 2019 8:20:14 AM

I agree with you but am just wondering how many more people actually transferred mid year other than the two I heard about.

By: jw
#4  by: j   

a bunch of gdi girls transfered from what i heard. its a lasting issue at bucknell and likely a reason for the administration cracking down on greek life and trying to make it a more inclusive environment. theres also not a lot to do on campus for nongreek upperclassmen or anyone in general. it is a difficult adjustment for nongreeks to assimilate back into the social scene when all their peers are in greek life. also a very exclusive environment which you cant disagree with

By: j
#5  by: Buffy   

There are only a few that leave because of this situation. The strong survive, & most of us don’t even know who belongs to what. Personally I like some of my sisters, many I just tolerate & then there are some I just cannot even stand to be around. I agree, it’s a screwd up process.

By: Buffy
#6  by: truths   

What has the administration done ? Added a sorority? I think it would be in their best interest to keep students. Sororities have to take some of the blame too. Please don't start with GDI's should have accepted certain bids etc. No one is perfect, and the reason some were cut is surely petty. IT IS NOT okay that there isn't a place for everyone. Sure, some people don't get exactly what they want, but I think for the MOST part, people know where they feel comfortable or belong . Bucknell's loss on the transfers. I hope they are happy where they are.

By: truths
by: ChanceJan 20, 2019 12:47:44 PM

In general people should give new sororities a chance. Just because they are new doesn’t mean they aren’t as smart pretty and social as the bigger ones. It means they didn’t have a letter of recommendation or a legacy. Some girls who would like to join could take this opportunity to branch out and meet up with all of the newer sororities. Once they take off there will at least be more openings available for all who would like to join.

By: Chance
by: BahahahaJan 20, 2019 2:01:21 PM

Letter of recommendation or legacy, it is easier to join a country club people. It is just wrong. Rumor has it the app rates are down & acceptance rate is up (that is fact), MAYBE , just maybe this is part of the Reason why.

By: Bahahaha
by: LookingJan 20, 2019 2:12:56 PM

Regardless of reason it’s happening here at bucknell. Students need to take this power back and have a meeting with the people that b to have larger pledge classes and also build up new sororities. This would be a win win for all.

By: Looking

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.