facebook

nervous

by: PNM

There is this one girl in high school that I didn't get along with that is currently a freshman in one of the houses I am possibly interested in. I only say that it's a house that I'm interested in, because I am a legacy and not because it's considered a "top house". Is there any way she could purposely try to ruin my chance with that house by talking badly about me? My reputation and social media are clean, and I have a 3.8. I'm just nervous, because I have no idea how seriously they take one person's word about a certain girl, especially if no one is there to stick up for that girl.

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Oh yeah   

What current actives say can hurt. If you're a direct legacy, you'll be fine if your reputation is sparkling. If you're an indirect legacy, you may be put to a vote. Freshmen girls are awful during their first time at rushing people. They have vendettas.

By: Oh yeah
by: PNMMar 3, 2016 10:31:29 AM

What is the difference between a direct legacy and an indirect legacy?

By: PNM
by: Answer Mar 3, 2016 11:15:59 AM

Direct legacy means ur mom or sister or grandmother was apart of that sorority at Mississippi state. Regardless...if you only know one girl in a house and that one girl doesn't like you, you probably won't get in. Houses cut legacies and even double legacies all the time! You could fill a whole pledge class with legacies

By: Answer
#2  by: Hmm   

It depends on how well respected she is within the sorority, if there are others from your hometown, and your recs. Most sororities can see past s personal vendetta. Strong recommendations from respected recent grads in your town will also help.

By: Hmm
#3  by: Honestly   

We, the freshman of my sorority, were told multiple times that "we alone can not gauruntee any girl a spot in our house and we sure as hell alone cannot keep them out". Basically if one girl hates you but everyone else likes you then you'll be fine. If they're on the fence about keeping you or not that's when it may hurt you. But if she's the only person who doesn't like you she has no say.

By: Honestly
#4  by: Well   

A couple of years ago a girl didn't get in my sorority because she was dating an actives old boyfriend. Be careful because if someone has a grudge against you they can keep you from getting a bid.

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.