facebook

rush

by: PNM

My mother and sister were both members of the same sorority but not at MS State. If I put their Greek affiliation on my application, will it hurt my chances of getting in a different sorority? Someone told me that they sometimes cut girls because they think she will pledge her legacy sorority. Would I be better off leaving that part blank?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: MSU   

If you have very close ties to current members of that sorority at State it might affect your recruitment a little but if you are out of State with no campus connections it won't affect you at all. Remember being a legacy of a certain sorority never guarantees a bid. Several sororities have tons of legacies going through recruitment. No group wants a new member class of all legacies or even 50% legacies. They want the best girls period.

By: MSU
#2  by: Answer   

I was a triple legacy to a house and I had a really good rush with the other houses

By: Answer
#3  by: Often   

times if you have a legacy tie to a certain sorority but it isn't a Mississippi school it won't make a group cut you just because they think you'll go that. We have tons of girls that had a legacy tie somewhere else but it was from a small school or a northern school etc. so no one expected those girls to go the legacy house. However, if you are really open minded and are thinking you might not want that house, be sure to casually bring up in conversation that you are totally open minded and don't feel strong ties anywhere. I'd suggest saying you're excited about doing your own thing at a different school. This will let the houses know you're making a decision for you and not your legacy. BUT definitely don't conceal the legacy information!

By: Often
#4  by: Assume   

So I'm assuming that your legacy house is not a desired one at MS State? I would definitely not leave the legacy portion blank because you never know how your recruitment will pan out. You may love your legacy house and you will want them to know that your a leg. But, if you don't like them then definitely let the other chapters know that you are very interesting in pledging something else.

By: Assume

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.