facebook

rush

by: PNM

I've been reading up a lot on rush. I see a lot about how houses will cut you if they don't see the qualities they're looking for in you, but aren't all sororities for the most part looking for the same types of girls? And what exactly are the characteristics you look for in a PNM? Also, what types of social media do y'all check, and how do y'all regulate that stuff?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Personally   

I'm not in a top-four house, so my experience may be different than theirs, but really the main thing is making a connection with you. I wont get into the logistics of it, but basically if we click with you, that's what really matters. Yes, this sounds cliche, but BE YOURSELF!! Don't change yourself to fit a certain mold. Just be the best version of yourself!!!

By: Personally
#2  by: She's right   

The person above is right. Two girls can have the same resume but if one is considered shy during rush and the connection between pnms and members are there for one but there for another one, they'll go for the girl with the connection first. Houses want the same girls, but they also want the girls that want them too! So be genuine and your experience will be better than if you put on an act!

By: She's right
#3  by: Honestly   

Only a handful of PNM will be the entire total package: great grades and test scores, tons of leadership, interesting hobbies or extracurriculars, a cute/put together girl and a clean reputation. Those girls will be rushed by everyone just as hard. The "personalities" the other houses end up with is typically what the girls were missing. Example, If a girl is involved, cute, well connected, and doesn't have a bad rep but wasn't a stand out leader and had good grades, but not great, because she is super social, she probably would fit better with KD than Chi O. But if she had stellar grades and leadership but her hobbies were heavily church based, she would probably fit into Chi O more so than KD. These are SUBTLE differences though, because there are so many different personalities in every house.

By: Honestly
by: Adding on to thatFeb 26, 2016 5:04:38 PM

This is mainly for the "top" houses. Lower-tier groups will generally rush girls more on personality and impressions made during Recruitment. They DO look at recs and WILL drop you if your GPA is below-par, however.

By: Adding on to that
by: @adding to thatFeb 26, 2016 5:41:39 PM

Then what happens if your last two houses is a top and a middle tier? Are you a mystical unicorn that magically landed in the middle tier's graces by accident?

By: @adding to that
by: @adding to thatFeb 26, 2016 5:44:28 PM

And before you reply something ridiculous, I preffed the middle tier house where I thought I was the best fit and I don't regret that one bit.

By: @adding to that
#4  by: Rush   

The most important quality is a great reputation. Secondly your grades should be very good. Thirdly you should have lots of extra curricular activities.

By: Rush

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.