facebook

for pnm- from my heart

by: Social butterfly

I have been through rush. I have also rushed other girls twice now. It is THE hardest thing to do. Once you go through rush, it changes you. It makes you know you have weaknesses. It's hard to know other oeople don't like your weaknesses. It is also no fun going through 1200 girl names all summer, making a list of all their good and bad points. I feel like a voyer , looking into a girl's personal life. However, it's the way the game is played. It is not a part of college that I wanted to do. Please know that many of us don't thrive on hurting girls during rush. There are a few actives that enjoy it. There are some alumni that enjoy it more. That's the part I don't understand. Grown women should leave these freshmen girls alone. Anyway, just venting. I hope PNMs read this.

Posted By: Social butterfly
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: K   

Not really sure why you posted this other than to scare or discourage pnms from rushing? It's not like you gave advice or any useful insight other than rush sucks and you didn't want to do and there are alumni and actives that will want to hurt pnms (which from what I've seen that is an outlier and is rarely ever the case). Rush was really fun for me but also stressful. I didn't have a perfect rush and some houses cut me but I ended where I needed to be. I met so many girls in my gamma chi group that I'm still friends with today and it made the first week of college a lot less lonely. Yes it sucks to get cut but it is pretty rare someone has a perfect rush anyways. Being cut help me grow as a person and I learned how to accept rejection a lot better which is only going to help me in the future. Going through rush on the other side my house doesn't like cutting girls, we don't get enjoyment out of it but due to our high return rates we are forced to cut a lot of girls sadly. I can't speak for other houses but I know none of my sisters would purposely go out of their way to hurt pnms, if someone is cut its because we feel they would fit in better somewhere else. Maybe it's your house who is the problem if that's the case, and you guys should work on being more genuine but don't discourage other girls because you have a house full of mean girls.

By: K
by: Miss the pointFeb 23, 2016 8:01:26 PM

Not a house full; a few are vindictive that run rush.

By: Miss the point
by: UmFeb 24, 2016 7:43:33 PM

Mean girls run your rush? Well it's the houses fault as a whole for listening to those girls and electing those girls. Let me guess you're a chi o :)

By: Um
#2  by: Fun   

Going through Rush is one of the scariest, yet, most fun things that I have ever done. Being on the other side as the rusher is not fun!

By: Fun

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.