facebook

ddd vs pi phhi

by: PNM

Okay so I hear a lot comparing Pi Phi and DDD, which one is better?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Msu    

DDD has been better but recently they've had a serious of bad pledge classes and Pi phi has been doing incredible so id say Pi phi has officially passed DDD

By: Msu
#2  by: Ha   

Pi phi is full of many girls that were cut from many sororities. Their girls honestly have REPUTATION issues. Not all of them but several pledges have bad reps. So NO- tri delta is still in it's respected place. Pi Phi is a distant 6th.

By: Ha
#3  by: Thoughts   

I think they are both great sororities and they each have pros and cons. But if you look at how much each has done based off of how long they have been on campus I think pi phi is slightly better.

By: Thoughts
#4  by: Well   

DDD has a member on SA Exec so I'd say they've done a lot lately.

By: Well
#5  by: DDD   

We base "top" houses off overall numbers, events won, elected members (SA, Road Runners, Alumni Delegates etc), Homecoming maids/Queen, GPA, and overall impression of the house. Using that same logic comparing middle houses, DDD wins. While Pi Phi is doing extremely well lately, the edge over almost every single one of those things is still for DDD. So DDD is still better NOW.

By: DDD
by: @LolFeb 19, 2016 7:23:54 AM

Takes a hoe to know one.

I don't know what "issuing" is, but your use of it makes me question your validity.

By: @Lol
#6  by: opinion   

I think pi phi has passed DDD based on their recent pledge classes alone

By: opinion
by: ...Feb 17, 2016 4:36:09 PM

Tri Delt had HOCO Queen last year, won Limelight a couple of years ago and has a current SA officer. If Pi Phi has gotten better pledge classes they should be more competitive at this point. That's why I say

By: ...
by: LolFeb 17, 2016 6:17:13 PM

You act like winning hoco actually meant anything last year. She won because she basically ran unopposed. The Greek community block voted her, it would've been nearly impossible to lose.

By: Lol
by: @opinion Feb 17, 2016 6:27:08 PM

Then let's hear specific reasons why Pi Phi is higher now.

By: @opinion
#7  by: Enough   

2nd thread this semester. Y'all give it up already. DDD is better now but Pi Phi is closing the gap.

By: Enough
#8  by: Well.   

Pi Phi seems to have the appeal of cute girls, lots of social presence, and people are starting to take notice. However, they are still newer on campus, don't have a tradition here, and get a lot of outgoing party girls that were cut from other houses for a reason. DDD is more well rounded and unless Pi phi starts winning things and having leadership on campus, they won't pass DDD.

By: Well.
#9  by: Better   

There are pros and cons to both sororities. DDD has been around for a long time and has had a particular reputation. Only with the new additions to campus have they gotten better. They still seem to be pledging the same type of girls--while Pi Phi is pledging the pretty and fun girls that aren't wildly involved. Pi Phi is new so they are still writing their story, which can make Pi Phi more attractive for PNMs. DDD is winning competitions, getting more involved, and getting a new house.. All of which put them at a slight edge over Pi Phi. And I mean really slight.

By: Better
#10  by: Imo   

I think that both sororities are good and have great girls. If I were going to pledge one or the other, I would pledge Pi Phi just because I have several friends in that house. I think that both groups have the potential to be a top soroity in the near future!

By: Imo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.