facebook

junior

by: Transfer

Thoughts about a Junior (Girl) rushing in the fall of 2016?

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Uhhj   

I wouldn't do it.

By: Uhhj
#2  by: Go for it   

I did it. Make sure you list both high school and college involvement. GPA for college is important. And most houses don't hold being an upperclassman against you. Only one house cut me that I wanted in my top 3 and I ended up in my top choice! So it can be done. Good luck!

By: Go for it
#3  by: Junior   

It's a lot more common now to have upperclassmen going through rush. I say do it! If you don't like the houses you have left, then drop. You can still make good friends through the process.

By: Junior
#4  by: Wrong   

It was more common back in the 70's and 80's. Now, top groups want girls who can stay 4 years and pay housing dues. You aren't much help if you are only here 2years. Besides, why do you wAnt to pledge with 18 year olds when you're almost 21?

By: Wrong
by: WellJan 13, 2016 4:34:16 PM

Aren't you just sunshine and roses. Who says a freshman will stay all 4 years? They might go to nursing school, drop, or transfer. So houses are risking it with every girl. And from my experience working with rush, girls who go through older tend to stick it out however many years they have left until graduation (at least in my house). So if she wants to rush and has good credentials, why not?

By: Well
by: RushJan 14, 2016 6:24:12 AM

I agree with "Well". A lot of freshman go to nursing school/med school so they leave after sophomore or junior year. Those that pledge junior year are in it to get a bachelors degree from State. They have just as much to offer as the freshman. I pledged as a junior and was friends with girls in my pledge class and girls older than me.

By: Rush
#5  by: Junior   

Thank you, Go for it, Junior, Well, and Rush for your sweet and kind words! Y'alls gave me the encouragement to go through rush in the Fall! Thank you so much!

By: Junior

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.