Miss MSU:
DG

Queen:
Run-ff between Chi O and DG

Posted By: results
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: So   

Basically the same as past years? I'm genuinely curious as to how many people interviewed for maids. Because if only sorority girls interviewed, then that's all that can be picked and can't fault the results.

By: So
by: TrueSep 29, 2015 10:38:54 PM

One freshman maid is an independent though

By: True
by: @trueSep 29, 2015 11:08:36 PM

Exactly and good for her and every girl who interviewed. I'm just curious if she was the only independent who interviewed or not. It'll be interesting to see the overall numbers and see if more girls felt welcome to interview or will it still be dominated by Greek life.

By: @true
by: IndianolaSep 29, 2015 11:34:33 PM

Did the DG's cheat again? How could anybody vote for somebody in a sorority who wears dresses from Walmart at Pref.

By: Indianola
by: GTFOSep 30, 2015 12:11:37 AM

No one cares where you buy clothes from. You can have a $100 or $10 dress. So please go elsewhere with that stuff.

By: GTFO
by: @IndianolaSep 30, 2015 9:30:42 AM

There was literally no way for any sorority to cheat this year. And no sorority has cheated in the past, at least not in the 8 years I've been here/had a family member who was. Elections are CLOSELY monitored and they've disqualified girls before if anything fishy happened. Just congratulate who won, fairly, and move on. And the DG's all wear their own black dresses for pref?? So that's a weird thing to say. And I know for sure that over 50 girls interviewed for both Freshmen and Sophomore maids.

By: @Indianola
by: @@IndianolaSep 30, 2015 11:28:59 AM

No cheating but a few things that pushed the rules. In the past DG would send members to the Meridian campus on election day to "help" people there vote. There were also accusations of them taking students computers (not stealing of course but physically holding it) and actually voting on that students computer. Phi Mu also set up a laptop in a fraternity kitchen in 2011 and "helped" the members vote as they came to lunch. Both groups were reprimanded but no results were changed.

I do think we have worked past all of that and had a fair election yesterday with respectable candidates for both Queen and Miss MSU. Good luck to the remaining 2 candidates for Queen. Both are amazing!

By: @@Indianola
by: InfractionSep 30, 2015 12:58:44 PM

Phi mus cheated by slipping flyers under dorm doors and apartment doors also by going on people's phones and computers and voting for the person which is against the rules js

By: Infraction
#2  by: ???   

No DDD ZTA or Pi Phi?

By: ???
by: ...Sep 29, 2015 10:46:00 PM

I feel sure the faculty committee could care less about sorority affiliation. They picked the ladies with strong interview skills and a diverse group although mostly Greek.

By: ...
#3  by: @yesssssss   

you sound like a mean soul...... Will pray for you to be able to find the good in everyone.....try to be positive. people will like you better. Congrats to all! Phi Mu, KD, chiO , aDPi and DG.

By: @yesssssss
#4  by: ^   

Actually, the DGs at Ole Miss get their dresses for pref from Walmart in New Albany, or they have in the past.

By: ^
#5  by: OMG   

You all are accusing Phi Mu of something that you just "guessed" they posted. How is that any different than the catty remark made about the dress or DG whipping butts? NO ONE knows who is posting this stuff and you should be SO ASHAMED of yourself for throwing Phi Mu or DG's names out there like this. SHAME SHAME SHAME!!! No Phi Mu or DG has ever been accused or brought forth to the Office of Greek Affairs for any of the things you all are saying, You all are spreading rumors and are acting hateful for who knows what reasons. I for one will not tolerate hearing someone saying false things without defending that group. Whoever it is saying these things, YOU NEED TO WASH YOUR MOUTHS OUT WITH SOAP AND SCOUR IT. We don't have room for your kind of filth at Mississippi State. Stop this mess NOW!

By: OMG
by: ReallySep 30, 2015 4:50:54 PM

Thanks mom!!! We need your help!!

By: Really
by: YEEEESSSSSSep 30, 2015 5:02:27 PM

You are so welcome!

By: YEEEESSSSS
#6  by: Nanana   

DG swept elections!!! We always have and always will!!!!! Can't stop us!
Jealous?

By: Nanana
by: ReallySep 30, 2015 5:33:11 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that this was a DG ...... My roommate is a DG and all she has done is brag about how no one can beat them and how they're required to campaign every minute!

By: Really
#7  by: Truth   

Oh look....another year of HC elections where SA even set out to make things fair and there were zero infractions and people are still attacking different sororities over the results. It was fair. Everyone worked hard. Certain people were selected. It's over and done and everyone was deserving.

By: Truth
by: AgreeSep 30, 2015 6:23:10 PM

Yes the elections were fair and the maids were picked with zero bias by faculty. A qualified DG candidate won Miss MSU and there is a run off between two amazing Queen candidates tomorrow. It will be interesting to see the results!

By: Agree
by: AgreeSep 30, 2015 6:23:11 PM

Yes the elections were fair and the maids were picked with zero bias by faculty. A qualified DG candidate won Miss MSU and there is a run off between two amazing Queen candidates tomorrow. It will be interesting to see the results!

By: Agree
#8  by: Dress   

Y'all, the pref dress at Walmart joke has been going on for years.. learn to take a joke. No, their dresses don't come from Walmart. BUT the joke is still funny after the hundredth time that it has been used :)

By: Dress
by: @noOct 1, 2015 10:07:41 PM

Too bad your money can't buy you a sense of humor. Or to pay for someone to pull that stick out of your ass.

By: @no
by: LolOct 2, 2015 12:22:38 AM

Too bad money can't by you class because you clearly have none.

By: Lol
#9  by: I promise.   

The only reason people are saying this is because DG already has more girls on the court and now there is a run off. I won't say it's jealousy, but definitely because people are trying to keep them from getting another girl elected. Here's how I see it: people love to hate DG when they win. So probably every sorority girl other than DG's will vote for the Chi O candidate. I'm torn myself. I'm in KD and have best friends in both houses. But whoever I end up voting for won't be because of whatever sorority they are in and which sorority I want to have a girl elected from, but based on the person. If you can't be mature enough to decided that way then keep your mouth shut. Both DG and Chi O have outstanding members and two girls who are beyond qualified to be Queen. Good luck to both and to all the girls who are going to be working hard tomorrow to get their sister elected.

By: I promise.
#10  by: Y'all   

The arguing can stop. The Chi O won Queen and will be a great representative of MSU!!

By: Y'all
by: DgOct 2, 2015 12:21:22 AM

I'm a Dg and I agree. Both our candidate and chi o's girl were amazing! Obviously it's upsetting but I'm genuinely happy for the girl who got it! Chi o worked hard and they deserve it.

By: Dg
by: TrueOct 2, 2015 6:50:23 PM

Campaigning was clean, thorough, and well done this year! Congrats to the Chi O Queen! And also props to DG for all of their hard work! A run-off is tough, and they still only lost by under 100, even when most of the other sororities voted for Chi O (that's what I heard at least). That's so impressive campaigning!

By: True

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.