facebook

homecoming

by: Confused

Can someone actually explain how Maids and Queen are being selected this year?

Posted By: Confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ME   

Maids are being selected strictly by interview with an SA committee. I'm not sure about Queen but have seen only 2 Greek candidates tonight - a DG and a Chi O. The Miss MSU candidates will be selected by interview as they have always been. I like the changes made this year.

By: ME
by: Recent alumSep 23, 2015 7:01:11 AM

There is a Phi Mu running for Queen too.

Get ready for a DG Queen... they campaign like mad women and have never lost the race for Queen when multiple sororities run candidates. It's the truth.

By: Recent alum
by: @AlumSep 23, 2015 12:28:45 PM

No idea who will win Queen, but I agree I like the changes that have been made and will be happy with any of the girls that were picked to run. I know them and they are outstanding people and very involved. I 'm sure it will be a close race!

By: @Alum
#2  by: @Alum   

To add....It's not a Phi Mu running it's a KD. I believe it's just the 3 and a Chi O, DG, and KD were selected.

By: @Alum
by: HmmmSep 23, 2015 3:36:25 PM

Queen is DG, a Chi O and a Phi Mu for sure. Maybe you have heard about Miss MSU. I haven't heard those yet.

By: Hmmm
#3  by: Queen Candidates   

So far, I've seen campaigning on social media for:
DG: Katie Berry
KD: Elise Friloux
Phi Mu: Kathryn Rooker
Chi O: Christina Bostick
ADPi: Emma Kathrine Hutto

I'm sure the others will put up a girl for queen also- these are just the ones I've seen.

By: Queen Candidates
by: YikesSep 23, 2015 3:54:35 PM

Back to the old way with everyone doing their own thing for Queen.

Like "new alum" said, Hello DG Queen. I'm not slighting anyone else but the DG advisor took a class years ago on running campaigns. She doesn't play and is the reason they have a "win at all costs" reputation. They know how to win when the vote is split among all groups. They won Queen 3 years in a row before we were here.

By: Yikes
by: AndSep 24, 2015 9:52:07 AM

DDD- Ellen Stuart

By: And
by: AndSep 24, 2015 5:36:53 PM

Now ZTA has a candidate - Abbey Hess

By: And
#4  by: Stop   

Last year DG ran someone for queen and did not win .

By: Stop
by: YeahSep 23, 2015 6:31:49 PM

Because the other 7 all supported the same candidate and basically block voted for her... That's why. I'm not knocking DG or any other group just saying why.

By: Yeah
#5  by: Are there   

only 5 candidates?

By: Are there
#6  by: Hello   

Can the Republicans get the DG advisor to help with the presidential campaign? Her win at any cost attitude could be used efficiently there!

By: Hello
#7  by: Throw it out there   

I just want to clarify for myself, when I say something snarky about the DG advisor and elections I'm NOT talking negatively about DG members!! Honestly two of my best friends are in the chapter and they have great girls! Don't want anyone to think I'm bashing the entire sorority. I've posted on this thread and another and I wanted to make myself clear.

By: Throw it out there
by: YesSep 24, 2015 5:06:17 PM

Same here.

By: Yes
by: hmmmSep 28, 2015 2:11:28 PM

ok?

By: hmmm
#8  by: ??   

All my Tri Delt friends are posting about ANOTHER candidate now too. Apparently she's on the volleyball team. Is she a DDD or are the sororities that don't have someone nominated backing an independent?

By: ??
by: @??Sep 24, 2015 9:51:30 AM

She's a Tri Delt and Volleyball member.

By: @??
#9  by: Ugh.   

I'm sorry but 6 is entirely too many candidates. I know they are all good girls and qualified, but nothing will be any different this year than previously with that many candidates. AND THEY'RE ALL STILL GREEK!! If we do this we need to be fair and let other people have a shot too. You know MAYBE a top 5 would be okay, but I honestly thought 3 was best. Hopefully this won't work and next year they can limit the choices more.

By: Ugh.
by: well............Sep 28, 2015 2:10:38 PM

agree

By: well............
by: yesSep 28, 2015 2:12:13 PM

three was best

By: yes
#10  by: Awkward   

That Chi O is promoting their girl by asking for everyone to wear maroon with the Nike swoosh and "Just Do It." We're sponsored by Adidas girls!

By: Awkward

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.