facebook

what it takes

by: Out of state pnm

I'm a high school senior from New Jersey and I'm really excited to come here next year and Rush. However I really want a good house (specifically interested in KD, DG and Chi O) what does it take to get into one of these and what do they look for? I have above a 4.0 weighted gpa with lots of extra ciriculars and volenteering. Also will having zero connections make it basically impossible to get in or do I actually have a chance ?

Posted By: Out of state pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: UMMMM   

Don't pay any attention to the negative remarks made on here about sororities on this campus. Southern girls, at least the girls that are form the more rural areas of the state, seem to hold grudges when a sorority releases them during rush. They will say horrible things about a group as a way, they think, to "get them back" for doing such a thing. Most of the time, they got themselves cut for reputation reasons, grade risks, or legacy issues. Don't limit yourself to the three you listed. The fact that you are from New Jersey and you posted it could mean that now people will remember that you posted you were mainly interested in the three groups you listed. Not many girls come through from New Jersey. You may have a target on your back now. You need to have an open mind about all 8 sororities. Never tell anyone that you only want "this group or that group". That is a sure way to have yourself cut from all sororities. Read up on how to handle Southern recruitment. Its far different that Northern recruitment.

By: UMMMM
#2  by: @outofstatepnm   

If you don't have connections in the top sororities it is very hard to get in. There are too many actives that have sisters, cousins, best friends, etc coming through rush that they are campaigning to get in. If you don't have someone inside to speak up for you, then your chances are very slim. A lot of legacies even get cut because there are too many legacies and not enough spots.

By: @outofstatepnm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.