facebook

non bias ranks pt 1

by: GDI

Disclaimer: I am not greek but Practically all my friends are in the greek system and I went through rush last year but dropped because I couldn't afford it. These are just my opinions of each house. Feel free to disagree with me!

KD (moving up): I think KD is the top house because they have extremely classy and down to earth girls. They are both smart and beautiful as well as friendly. They don't go out as much as the other houses I've noticed but still like to have fun.
DG (staying the same): had a beautiful pledge class! Smart and well rounded girls. People sometimes say they are snobby but from the girls I know I havnt seen this in them. They go out more than KD but keep it on the down low.
Chi o (slipping a little) : chi o is known as the smart house and has the highest gpa and are known for being super classy. They typically get a very attractive bubbly pledge class but this year they slipped a little (possibly too many legacies went through or they were too focused on grades) they also have a reputation of being snobby and got some awkward girls this year.
Phi mu (the same): has some of the most beautiful girls on campus. They did good this year! They sometimes have a mean girl reputation though and do go out a lot more than the other top houses (which isn't a bad thing)
Tri delt( slipping a little) - tri delt has a mix of girls. They have some hard partyers but are still seen as a classy house as a whole. The pledge class was average

Posted By: GDI
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Oh wow   

You can tell you either seriously know nothing about greek life or are a KD desperately trying to hide this year's crappy pledge class. KD parties the MOST of the "top" houses, hands down. Everyone knows that. They get the down to earth girls that don't do a ton (some girls are involved, not many) but are social and popular.And why you think Chi O, the undisputed top house, is slipping and has a bad PC is beyond me. Chi O isn't going anywhere and has amazing girls.

By: Oh wow
by: Things change Aug 25, 2015 8:55:37 AM

Things change. KD at ole miss used to be the tip top house and within a year that changed to Tri delt. When the top tier is so competitive and every house is fighting for the best girls it's subject to frequent change. Chi o lacked this year and didn't come out on top. Which is kind of embarrassing becuase you guys played really dirty yet STILL got a mediocre pledge class.

By: Things change
by: ^^^Aug 25, 2015 9:04:01 AM

People tend to prefer pretty bubbly girls who are friendly over awkward or stuck up smart girls lol

By: ^^^
by: @Things changeAug 25, 2015 9:38:33 PM

When was KD ever the tip top house at Ole Miss? Tri Delt, Chi O and KD are absolute equal there and have been forever. One pledge class is not bringing down a top sorority. if that were the case KD would be awful based on everyones comments last year.

We all need to grow up and work together. Do any of you realize that a VERY strong National sorority backed out of colonizing this year due to our hostile Panhellenic environment?

Time to grow up and end the negative comments.

By: @Things change
by: Ole miss Aug 26, 2015 12:58:38 AM

KD was the top house about a year ago. Now it's Tri delt. People can say all the top houses are equal but they are not, just like they try and say that here but one house is always going to have a slight edge over the others or one is always going to be slipping behind the rest.

By: Ole miss
by: Annoyed Aug 26, 2015 1:00:17 AM

Give it a rest chiO. Ur new pledge class sucks so you have to pay for it. Awkward weird girls who have good gpas isn't enough for a top house just like being pretty isn't enough to be a top house.

By: Annoyed
#2  by: Just curious...   

Exactly what did chi o do to "play really dirty"? I'm pretty sure everyone pushes the boundaries during rush and was just wondering what exactly chi o did to single themselves out.

By: Just curious...
by: TheyAug 27, 2015 8:42:02 AM

blatantly told girls to cut other houses and cut girls after skit that had been told all summer they were already Chi O's. There was also a good amount of texting between PNM's and actives during rush, from what I've heard.

By: They
by: Pc11Aug 27, 2015 11:38:47 PM

Chi o has been telling girls to cut other houses then turning around and cutting them after skit for YEARS, it happend to my big and another girl in my pc. Thankfully things worked out but not many girls are that lucky. They are the epitome of dirty rushing. Idk what the point of doing that is its just mean and tacky.

By: Pc11
by: YeppAug 28, 2015 8:13:49 AM

There are always girls who have close friends in a sorority who think they will for sure get in, then they end up cut. It happens everywhere. The girls are crushed and often times turn around and tell everyone they were promised a bid and that chapter is terrible for doing that to them. BUT, the active who is the best friend is often hurt even more because she is living in a group that said no to her friend. HOWEVER, Chi O is known for doing this to well over a 100 girls per rush, more like 150. They all think they are for sure getting bids. Well, not all of them can get a bid so a good amount ends up being cut and left crushed and frequently without other houses as options that they are qualified for because they were released because everyone knew they were going to be a Chi O. It's inconsiderate to PNM's to do this. The only positive is that many of these girls stick it out and are the ones who become involved in making newer chapters awesome.

By: Yepp
by: SfbOct 1, 2015 10:53:18 AM

Yepp, you hit the nail square on the head.

By: Sfb
#3  by: Coppers   

KD had several girls with DUI's last year. They go out! They got freshmen this year that followed older hometown girls. I hope their parents are acceptable to a lot of drinking.

By: Coppers
by: NahAug 26, 2015 9:18:37 AM

Stop trying so hard to tear down KD you are being way too obvious Chi o. KD and DG out rushed you this year get over it

By: Nah
by: Me tooAug 27, 2015 3:13:25 PM

I was told at kd to cut chi o and phi mu- so it's not just one house doing this

By: Me too
#4  by: Old Greek    

Dg didn't do anything outstanding during rush! What you said is laughable.

By: Old Greek
by: @oldgreekAug 26, 2015 7:20:07 PM

clearly youre a chi o and whats really laughable is your pledge class.

By: @oldgreek
by: @oldgreekAug 26, 2015 7:26:24 PM

They had a good pledge class, i never said they did amazing. But they still out rushed chi o

By: @oldgreek
#5  by: Baha   

The only people that think KD's outrushed anyone are kd's themselves. And any group of girls that think KD's are the top sorority are girls from madison and columbus. The group pledged by hometowns from there. It's sad when you can say 1/10 of our pledge class is from _______.

By: Baha
#6  by: Yeah...   

Actually, KD didn't do spectacular either. Honestly Phi Mu and DG got the best PC's.

By: Yeah...
#7  by: Outsider   

I agree 100% with this. Phi Mu has some girls that are gorgeous and they have to have 3.3 GPA To even make the cut so they are smart, too. Dg has all around all american girls and will be super involved with great grades, too. Look for great things!

By: Outsider
by: NoAug 27, 2015 7:19:34 PM

My roommate had a 3.0 and is a phi mu and phi my rished me super hard when I had below a 3.3 so...

By: No
by: alphabamOct 1, 2015 2:00:20 PM

NOT TRUE! I know 3 girls that are in the Phi Mu pledge class without that GPA. NOT ONE of them has above a 3.0 Don't know where you got that info.

By: alphabam
#8  by: Kd   

Bump

By: Kd
#9  by: No you dont   

You really do not know girls gpa's. Phi Mu along with all other sororities will take MAYBE 3 out of 90 grade risk. Give it a rest. Phi Mu got beautiful and smart girls no denying. BtW "No" who took YOU with an under 3.3 ? Cause phi Mu cut you obviously.

By: No you dont

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.